B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old February 18th 21, 06:18   #71
deaded
Telepath

Re: WB considering HD update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
HAHA!!!! Maybe I'm not so crazy after all.....
I love you guys. I need to check this out, but I just had to say to Looney, "No. Sorry dude. You are crazy. But look at the bright side."

Last edited by deaded; February 18th 21 at 06:20.
deaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th 21, 14:18   #72
Springer
Telepath

I hear that the errors, i.e. Babylon Squared's missing tag, are gradually being fixed on the HBOMax versions. Maybe the corrections are the case of the blu-ray delay??

The other thing I've seen mentioned is the ordering of the episodes in seasons 1 and 2. I've only seen someone post the season 1 ordering on Twitter, and it's interesting: the placement of Legacies in its chronologically correct position - between Babylon Squared and Chrysalis - leads me to believe it's deliberate. What is the ordering of season 2 like?
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th 21, 14:46   #73
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaded View Post
Quote:
HAHA!!!! Maybe I'm not so crazy after all.....
I love you guys. I need to check this out, but I just had to say to Looney, "No. Sorry dude. You are crazy. But look at the bright side."
Wait deaded! You said "Look at the bright side" and then didn't tell me what the "bright side" is?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Does anyone want to start a betting pool on what month or date any issues will be fixed?

And I am letting everyone know that I now know what two weeks of living on a frozen tundra are like and what it can do to a TOTALLY NORMAL and NON-CRAZY mind.

Is it crazy to laugh at one's own jokes and at one's own emojis?

Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th 21, 06:12   #74
deaded
Telepath

Oh, yeah. Sorry. I was looking for it and got distracted. But anyways, yeah, the bright side is now, nothing can drive you crazy! You are already there and have a parking spot. That's something.

Frozen tundra? Are you in Texas or Wisconsin? My sister is in Dallas and sent me some CRAZY pictures of the snow at her house one foot deep! I was thinking we might need to send the Rangers in.
Old March 29th 21, 15:57   #75
Springer
Telepath

Something's afoot: JMS has just tweeted for former Foundation and Netter special effects folk with B5 assets or those who have been doing the 4K renders on YouTube to get in touch with him:

https://twitter.com/straczynski/stat...29585309978627

Might be jumping the gun to suggest it's to do with a full 4K remaster, but who knows?

(JMS has ruled out it having anything to do with Eaglemoss models, who built their Star Trek ships using CGI reference models, which I have to say has disappointed me a bit, but of course I'd rather it be for an SFX remaster!)
Old March 31st 21, 02:49   #76
Triple F
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
Something's afoot: JMS has just tweeted for former Foundation and Netter special effects folk with B5 assets or those who have been doing the 4K renders on YouTube to get in touch with him:

Might be jumping the gun to suggest it's to do with a full 4K remaster, but who knows?

(JMS has ruled out it having anything to do with Eaglemoss models, who built their Star Trek ships using CGI reference models, which I have to say has disappointed me a bit, but of course I'd rather it be for an SFX remaster!)
Not a remaster.
Old March 31st 21, 08:14   #77
Springer
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple F View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post

Not a remaster.
Okay, well that's a shame. May I ask what it is related to then?

JMS surely knew when he tweeted about it that people would likely home in on one conclusion.
Old April 1st 21, 00:37   #78
Triple F
Ambassador

Quote:

Okay, well that's a shame. May I ask what it is related to then?

JMS surely knew when he tweeted about it that people would likely home in on one conclusion.
In truth I don't know what it is, just know what it isn't. Basically talking with someone who knows but the bugger won't tell me. All I know is it's not a remaster or Warner related, jms has been having a few email conversations with fans stepping forward, and even fan models are something that's being looked at!? Outside that, don't have a scoobies. Time will tell, I guess.
Old April 1st 21, 14:01   #79
Looney
Telepath

I love these secretive rumblings. I have a strong prediction on what this could be about, but I'M NOT SAYIN NOTHIN' UNTIL IT IS CONFIRMED..... or denied. When he chooses to enlighten us you'll just have to trust me when I say my prediction about why he is looking into this is correct.... or incorrect. You know I'm not shy about telling everyone when I'm wrong.

Going back to The B5 Events Extravaganza, one thing I was greatly reminded of is how much I want to see more of the B5 Universe, aesthetically speaking. While contemplating the questions I was going to submit to Jason Davis prior to the event I was thinking in particular about the visual Universe of B5 as well as finally getting to see and hear from so many faces whom made the magic happen. I read people talking about dated visual effects and it makes me think that if they are dated shouldn't they be easier to recreate? I don't mean recreate specific shots from the show, but new visuals with the same exact style, quality, and aesthetic. My point is that I would love to see new tales set in the B5 Universe using the exact same visual effects technology, practical effects, and sets that were originally used. I know that would never happen, but I feel that while appearing dated to modern eyes it is a uniquely beautiful and original visual Universe they created that is part of the story and I wouldn't want to see it any differently. I don't know how I would feel if the show were rebooted and the Universe didn't look the same.

Long story long, I love the "fan models" and I am so glad JMS is reaching out to what was done then and not what could be done now for whatever mystery idea he is looking into. I mean what could be done now WITH what was done then is what he is looking into. Yeah, yeah, I make sense.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st 21, 15:06   #80
Triple F
Ambassador

Quote:
I read people talking about dated visual effects and it makes me think that if they are dated shouldn't they be easier to recreate? I don't mean recreate specific shots from the show, but new visuals with the same exact style, quality, and aesthetic.
Funnily enough just uploaded the re-rendered opening sequence from Acts of Sacrifice and included 3 new scenes at the start using the original models (25 seconds roughly) - would have added more to tie it all together a bit better, but first time doing it and didn't want to add too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4G6a6lhC3w&t=3s