B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old April 7th 21, 16:21   #91
babylonfan
Ranger

Re: WB considering HD update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple F View Post
So much for the f'ing spoiler tag. Took me ages to figure out how to use those bloody things as well.
Thanks for answering. Not sure why anyone would be disappointed by this. It might not be my first choice, but at this point even the sock puppet proposal from The lost tales sounds good.
babylonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th 21, 16:38   #92
Triple F
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylonfan View Post
Quote:
So much for the f'ing spoiler tag. Took me ages to figure out how to use those bloody things as well.
Thanks for answering. Not sure why anyone would be disappointed by this. It might not be my first choice, but at this point even the sock puppet proposal from The lost tales sounds good.
I'm thinking more along the lines of some folks will feel - you shouldn't be telling fans this - for whatever reason. Which is why I haven't made a big deal about it on something like the behind the scenes page over on FB. Words like "approved" by WB have been used so no idea how far along the process things are but it at least sounds like their serious about making something happen. . . . . Again, why they're doing it now hasn't been mentioned but I'd GUESS the response to B5 on HBO MIGHT have been a factor. Though don't know of course - and it is interesting that movies was mentioned in regards to the animation (possibly tying in with jms owning the movie rights). Have to wait and see.

Last edited by Triple F; April 7th 21 at 16:43.
Triple F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th 21, 16:51   #93
Springer
Telepath

I at least did try and keep my initial response vague! (as I have no idea how to use the spoiler tags either!) Still, until there's an official announcement I'll wait and see - wouldn't be the first time a B5 project was promised then fell through at the last (The Memory of Shadows, anyone?).

I wonder how much of this is also in response to Star Trek doing Lower Decks and Prodigy, though I'd hope anything B5 does isn't in quite the same vein.

I'm also excited about where it could lead, because it would make B5 a viable franchise again, for merchandising etc.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:49   #94
hypatia
First One

Thanks for sharing that. I hope it does pan out. I'd lost hope for more B5, I know it's too soon to have solid hope, but it would be fantastic.
Old Today, 08:11   #95
Ubik
Commander

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
Wow. That's kind of out of the blue, but an interesting direction to go down! Thanks for sharing!
Personally, really hope it happens. Always thought that an animated venture would be a very good way to get around a number of issues of casting, etc. See,for example, The Clone Wars series, and some very tasteful re-casting of capable voice actors for Obi-Wan, Anakin, etc.

Lots of scope and studios love animated stuff these days, especially as you can produce it in lockdown with ease. WB have a pretty consistent track record with their DC animated content.

Hahaha. Yeah, I didn't really think, and I'm lazy... most people are going to draw their own conclusions and at this point we're still dealing with rumours at best. So, speculate away!
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote