• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

G'Kar and the Grey Council

A_M_Swallow

Regular
G\'Kar and the Grey Council

A bit of the plot that I find a little odd is G'Kar speaking to the Grey Council. The Grey Council rule the Minbari and have no authority over the rest of the Interstellar Alliance (ISA). Giving his speech to the ISA Council would make sense, but why the Grey Council?

The Grey Council is based on Minbar and so are Sheridan & Delenn. I think that
the ISA Council is still on Babylon 5. The Rangers now report to the ISA rather than the Grey Council.

The still of the Grey Council shows 9 members, I wonder who the 9th Minbari is? Sheridan? Delenn? Or someone we do not know yet?

------------------
Andrew Swallow

Re: G\'Kar and the Grey Council

I heard the words "Ranger Council" mentioned in there somewhere. It could be that the Ranger Council has been created as the legislative arm of Entil'zha, because Delenn just doesn't have the time to deal with every single infraction. Now, how G'Kar gets involved with Martel - that'll be interesting to find out. Remember, he asks "What was his crime?" So maybe G'Kar is there for an ulterior purpose, and he meets Martel on the way?

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

Suffice it to say that G'Kar's celebrity is enough to get Martel's punishment greatly reduced.

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say.
This was one. No.... *tsk tsk*
No. Not good.
Not supposed to mention... "one", or... THE one.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

Yeah, I seem to remember it being described as 'grey council-like'. As the Rangers grow in size, they are taking on bigger and more bureaucracy intense duties, they may need another level of bureaucrats. After all during B5 Sheridan and Delenn shared control over the Rangers in their sector while ahem, someone else had overall control. Perhaps there is a member of the council for each sector. One member could either be in charge of the Narn-Centauri border or all of the Narn borders, etc.

One side note, I just tried to look up how etc. is spelled witout abbreviation and could not find it. Does anyone know how it is spelled?

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

Et cetera - two words, in Latin: "And more" or "and other (objects, items)" Et al. (for et alius or et alia) is the related term for "and others" (usually meaning "other people") or "and another"

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back