• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Funny Side of B5

Jams450

(Spoilers)

I have enjoyed the show greatly over the years. It is thought provoking and dramatic, it often gives you an alternate perspective on things. However, one thing that often gets missed is the humor of B5. While re-watching the series I have been noticing a ton of great humor tucked in the background. A few examples.

When a Narn Assassin tries to kill Vir a random Pakled walks into the scene. He looks around then just ditches. I have always felt that was hilarious that he did not try to help or call anyone and just bailed.

In Season 1 some Mimbari are doing a religious festival. They pass around this red fruit. Vir takes a piece and seems timid: is it poison is it bad in some way? Londo just blindly pops it in his mouth and gives Vir an exaggerated nod. Londo's posture is hilarious like: why not I am half in the bag anyway.

When the Whitestar is looking for first ones. Marcus mentions that it might help if he dances around like the Ancient Vorlon God Buji. Ivonnava says 'Thats' It', to which Marcus says 'Great Ill go get a bucket'. I try to channel that kind of humor on a daily basis b/c I find it so zany.

I find these little tid bits really make the series

And then there's Londo and G'Kar bickering in the disabled elevator.

Londo: ....You'e INSANE!
G'Kar: And that is why we'll WIN!

The entire exchange, from the explosion to the end when they're rescued, is a gem.

(Spoilers)

When the Whitestar is looking for first ones. Marcus mentions that it might help if he dances around like the Ancient Vorlon God Buji. Ivonnava says 'Thats' It', to which Marcus says 'Great Ill go get a bucket'. I try to channel that kind of humor on a daily basis b/c I find it so zany.

Interesting that you point this out. I remember the scene but I had forgotten that it made a mention of Vorlon gods. I imagined that they too might have them, but didnt remember it ever being mentioned in the series until you brought it up.

Back