• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Conversion Report

KoshFan

Regular
I'm getting my friend Sarah interested in B5 with the S1 DVDs. We've gotten through "Sky Full of Stars" so far and she's doing very well, starting to ask all the right questions and picking up on a lot of details. She's very good at spotting small things (she saw G'Kar's fruit swap in "Parliament" on the first pass) and responding in all the correct ways. She can detect bad guys almost instantly . . . but so far she really doesn't like G'Kar. I simply smile whenever she says things like that. She's also disturbingly accurate about Kosh -- having seen him in a grand total of one episode, "Midnight on the Firing Line," she predicted that he was a ball of light. Ah well, a good four seasons of waiting for her before she's proven right.

I think she was mainly watching to keep me happy, as she knows how much I love the series, but "Sky Full of Stars" has her engaged a bit more. And there's so much more to come.

She doesn't like G'Kar??? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Fah! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Admittedly, if you've only watched it to And The Sky... then G'Kar is still pretty much the bad guy... and the S1 makeup isn't nearly as flattering as in later seasons.

Still... fah! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh, and good work with the conversion. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I wish I had someone to try and convert!

Someone needs to tie Kribu up. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I'll volunteer. /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Yes, I think you pegged it, Kribu. G'kar is a character many of us failed to appreciate until things changed later in the series.

Hope I haven't spoiled too much. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I doubt you spoiled anything unless KoshFan's friend is also reading this thread (in case she is: Hi Sarah! *waves* You really need to start liking G'Kar now!!). /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

And could we please leave the tie-up games to the NC-17 forum? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tie-up games? I'm too lazy to go to the previous pages to see what you are talking about. /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

If I be a bad hyp, just let me know. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

No, I just referred to you saying "someone needs to tie Kribu up" and that you'd be volunteering.

Since I couldn't figure out *any* reason why anyone should want to tie me up, especially after a totally B5-related post (er... singing G'Kar's praises IS B5-related! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif ), NC-17 was the only thing I could think of. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I simply must look back and see what the heck this conversation was about in the first place.

At this moment, I'm too lazy to do so. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I'm getting my friend Sarah interested in B5 with the S1 DVDs.

Okay, I'll bite. Is this friend a potential "more than friend"? The past two girls I've gotten serious with (including my current lovely, Jennyfur) were both dragged into Bab about 6 months into our relationship!

-Tim

Ok lets have a count of how many people each of u has converted to B5. Mine's standing at 4, including somebody who hates all forms of science fiction.

just got my bf to watch three eps, and he says they are pretty cool - yay
(been going out for 1 year 4 months, for the record lol)

I play the excellent B5 Collective Card Game a lot, and I play with several former Magic players. Because of this they have started to watch my B5 tapes and DVD (I have it all, B5 Crusade and all movies).

So far 4 of these are converted. If I include my wife, an SF hater who didn`t watch a single episode when it was on Norwegian TV, and that have seen the light, my daughter and some of her friends, then 9 so far. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Is this friend a potential "more than friend"?

Nah, just a college buddy. But if I ever do get a girlfriend she will be dragged into B5 sooner or later.

Actually, I'm kind of glad my convert thinks Londo's a total drunk and G'Kar's a grade-A troublemaker, because it will make it so much more interesting when those characters begin to change. And she has seen one "good G'Kar" episode, Mind War. She decided in the very first scene with him that, and I quote, "I think this time we can trust him." So she's picking up on the groundwork laid for later seasons.

Deathwalker's next. I'm trying to take it slowly, because at this rate we'll run out before the semester ends and we all go home, but can't wait to show people Deathwalker. The first real Kosh ep!

converted: none. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Everyone I know is either anti-sci-fi or already was into the show. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

converted: one. i decided to start with No Surrender, No Retreat all the way to Rising Star. Then i showed him from the ep they kill Kosh (the first one) to Moments of Transition. That´s about all i have taped.

im kinda dissapointed with him cause the main reason he liked the show was the space battles /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif i mean, come on, there´s a whole story there!

although i guess it could be my fault, for starting with such an action-packed episode /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I've converted none. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I've tried though, but either they hate SF or they're obsessed trekkies who hate any other SF show. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

including somebody who hates all forms of science fiction.

How on earth did you manage to do that?!?!?! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I have some people I'd like you to meet. Could we clone you?

I'm currently converting a friend of mine, several months ago i had him watch In the Beginning, he thought it was okay, but without seeign the rest of the series, i thought that was pretty good. he's a big ST, DBZ and gaming fan, so i thought i might get him in it on nothing more than the CGI battle aspect if i had to, sunday i left the season 1 dvd set and the ItB/TG dvd disc over at his house for him to watch, i think he's about to be hooked.

I've had several people partially converted and then they had to go back to University. However I do have one 100% convert. I taped the entire 5 years and handed him the box of tapes and he watched the entire series in three days when he was bed-ridden with a bad back.
(I actually taped the entire series and all the movies twice just to be sure I had it.)

Back