• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

How... odd.

KoshFan

Regular
I'm seeing all the threads in the various forums displayed by "thread title," not last post, and in ascending order, not descending. While I can put it back the way I want with the controls at the bottom, it resets to thread title/ascending every time I switch forums.

This is mildly annoying, and seems very odd. Do we have an explanation? Should I just learn to live with it?

Go to UserCP/Edit Options/Thread Display Mode and change the setting to "Linear - Newest First and change Default Thread Age Cut Off and set to "Show all threads". Save your changes.

Exit out of B5TV and return.

Bad news is that it won't stick though. Your changes in the UserCP will, but the forum will revert whenever you exit that forum. Probably from some changes made lately. It is going to take Antony to do a permanent fix.

Also the posts themselves are equally backwards with newest at the top. That one I don't know how to change.

Last edited:
Go to UserCP/Edit Options/Thread Display Mode and change the setting to "Linear - Newest First and change Default Thread Age Cut Off and set to "Show all threads". Save your changes.

Exit out of B5TV and return.

Bad news is that it won't stick though. Your changes in the UserCP will, but the forum will revert whenever you exit that forum. Probably from some changes made lately. It is going to take Antony to do a permanent fix.

Also the posts themselves are equally backwards with newest at the top. That one I don't know how to change.

You can do it a lot faster than that - just click on the header of the "Last Post" column, and it'll sort the threads by that.

Temporarily.

Seems to be, but I'm logged on from a different machine... we'll see for sure when I get home.

It was that way for me too, but when I logged in later in the day, it was back to normal.

I set the boards to show more threads,they were set to only show stuff from the last day! But I guess it broke something else. Kribu is the fixer.

On the bright side, this little adventure did teach me some new tricks about searching the boards, so that's all to the good.

Latest posts

Members online

Back