• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

paramount stole it .........

interresting and true- but u forgot-
Babylon 5 over-- DS9 over
smile.gif

in the end it doesnt matter cause b5 was well done and ds9 sucked at the end

and at least they had the taste to steal from JMS ~

------------------

i heard an evil rumour .....

when jms took the idea of babylon 5 to paramount he was rejected but , a couple of years later they started doing deep space 9 if you look at the simlarities of the story

ie sheridan becoming a god
sisko becoming a god

the bajorans = the narns
the dominion = the shadows

the defiant = the whitestar

if you look at the story some very interesting "coincidences" occur did paramount steal the idea of babylon 5 from j.m.s. wich something i find very funny ....

------------------
"Your patience is also a weapon, when used properly. We will arrive when we arrive and we will have the weapons we have. You can not win this war through force, you must .. understand your way out of this. Sheridan knows. What remains to be seen is whether he knows that he knows."
-- Lorien to Ivanova in Babylon 5:"Into the Fire"

------------------------visit my website - http://www.babylonfive.net

There are many more examples. However, we should be pleased they stole JMS'S ideas. It makes us appreciate B5 even more. To think it could have turned into a DS9 debacle...

------------------
* "That hardly seems likely, does it?" >>>^<<<

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Simon Healy:
i heard an evil rumour .....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. Too bad it's not a rumor.
FIREdevil.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

hey, don't dis DS9. If I loved that show, the fact that it went nowhere and you didn't have to think at all was great. It had all the energy of a beached jelly fish and about as much intellegence as a labotomised chimp. True to star trek tradition, they took, ahem they stole a superb story and managed to slice and dice a sci-fi version of rainman and spoon it to the various trekkie fans who "ooohed" and "ahhhed". You know how the story goes the highest form of compliment is to copy the original. B5 rules supreme! I have spoken !
tongue.gif

------------------
"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light. I come to take the place that has been prepared for me"

Yes this is all true, I've heard it only a few months ago, and needless to say that was not a good week to see me. And it was actually a few months, they wanted to beat B5 up to make it less guilty on there side. I've said it once and i'll say it again, STart Trek has all the potensial in the world, they just cant do anything with it. Give JMS the STar Trek Franchise and can you imagine the story!!!

------------------

JMS couldn't do anything with the star trek franchise... there is too much crap in it. They use too much nonsensical technology, the space battles suck, and the alien races are 2 dimensional. the only race i did like was the ones that looked like green cobras (i'm having a mental block on their name). I think it's been too corrupted to be saved.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
>A thought crossed my
>mind: would you or have you ever considered submitting story ideas to
>the Trek people?

1) I don't write freelance.

2) I can't write with mittens on.

jms <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

just one thing in star treks defence, old 7 of 9, or is it 6 of 9.
All I know is that resistance is futile! sorry my hormones got the better of me there!

Jms is still god, all must bow down and give thanks.
Now if you'll excuse me I'll just run along before I'm burn't as a heretic!
tongue.gif

------------------
"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light. I come to take the place that has been prepared for me"

Although some of those things you mention happen a lot later. Sisko didn't "become a god" until the last episode. The Bajorans were introduced in TNG before DS9 even started, and the Cardassians even earlier than that.

------------------
My candle burns at both its ends,
It will not last the night.
But oh my foes, and oh my friends,
It makes a lovely light.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jnk5y:
JMS couldn't do anything with the star trek franchise... there is too much crap in it. They use too much nonsensical technology, the space battles suck, and the alien races are 2 dimensional. the only race i did like was the ones that looked like green cobras (i'm having a mental block on their name). I think it's been too corrupted to be saved.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you be thinking of the Gorn from TOS

------------------
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from Kier Darby @ vBulletin infidel_dog@rangerone.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>the only race i did like was the ones that looked like green cobras <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe you are referring the Cardassians. And yes, they did kick ass.

Just try telling me that Gol Dukhat (sp?) wasn't one of the greatest characters in all TV.

With all the problems you people have with Trek, you gotta admit that when it was good, it was the best stuff on TV.

I didn't really like DS9 so much, but there was this one ep where they kill a Romulan senator to convince the Romulans to join the war, and the whole thing is a being dictated as a personal log by Sisko.
"You saved the galaxy, captain, and all it cost was one Romulan senator and the integrity of a Starfleet officer."
Awesome.

TNG had some fabulous stuff with Klingons and Data. Even Voyager (stop throwing things at me, now) had a fantastic 1st couple of seasons and some highlights thereafter.

I bet there are a bunch of folks here who constantly rail on Trek, but watch every episode because "It's still Star Trek." This is the same mentality that breeds statements like, "The Star Wars franchise is ruined, Lucas can kiss my balls, and the whole thing sucks. Oh, of course I'm going to be in the theater 12:01 am on opening day for the next one."

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
Just try telling me that Gol Dukhat (sp?) wasn't one of the greatest characters in all TV.
[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe it was Gul, not Gol.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
With all the problems you people have with Trek, you gotta admit that when it was good, it was the best stuff on TV.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From January 1994 to September 1999, except for a few good episodes here and there, it wasn't the best stuff on TV.

Even Voyager (stop throwing things at me, now) had a fantastic 1st couple of seasons and some highlights thereafter.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

INCOMING!
overpape2.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US). http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited January 03, 2002).]

yes it was the Cardassians that i was talking about. I can't believe i forgot their name. I bad mouthed trek but of course i still watched it. DS9 was good only because they actually got into a war. TNG was good because of Data and Q. Either way i watched and at the time i thought they were pretty good eps. So i'm not really sure what i'm trying to say... What was i talking about?
crazy.gif

------------------

Have you guys ever heard of "figure of speech?" Goddamn you people.
crazy.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Even Voyager (stop throwing things at me, now) had a fantastic 1st couple of seasons and some highlights thereafter.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you mean "highlights" or "headlights"?
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
Did you mean "highlights" or "headlights"?
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those headlights could put your eye out.
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Is it just me, or has the B5 forum become polluted w/ stuff related to other tv shows? (Also see "just what is the best non-arc episode")

------------------
We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it

Back