• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Neroon and Delenn

More of a speculative post than anything in the episode Legacies Delenn and Neroon seem to know each other and have a past of some sort but it is never explained what does anyboady think it was ? Or I am imagining something that isn't there .

I assumed it was nothing more than Neroon is high up in the Warrior Caste, and Delenn is high up in hte Religious Caste, and also a member of the Grey Council.

Maybe they had lunch together once. :LOL:

Seriously, I tend to agree that it's because they both had high positions in their respective castes. Perhaps they had some kind of previous contact because of their positions.

Perhaps, with Delenn being a member of the Grey Council and Neroon being a rather well-known and influencial member of the warrior caste, Neroon had some level of interaction with the Grey Council in the administration of the Earth-Minbari War.

If they didn't know each other, they must have known of each other. Delenn seemed to know all about Neroon's history and clan, though that might simply have been part of her job as ambassador.

Delenn seemed to know Branmer, Neroon's old boss, very well -- well enough to know his final wishes and to decide to act on them. If she and Branmer were old friends, then Branmer probably introduced her to his second in command. They may not have have known each other well, but they at least had met with Branmer before.

Delenn seemed to know Branmer, Neroon's old boss, very well -- well enough to know his final wishes and to decide to act on them.
I think it was said that Branmer had originally been religious caste.

Delenn seemed to know Branmer, Neroon's old boss, very well -- well enough to know his final wishes and to decide to act on them.

I think Branmer is an extremely odd-sounding name for a Minbari (Lennon is the strangest though - wasn't he in the Beatles?)

I remember Delenn saying that Branmer was a dear friend of hers. Perhaps she had contact with Neroon through him.

B5 is one of the few series with books considered cannon so you can get your answer from To Dream in the City of Sorrows. Neroon is an elder which means he often sits in a governing body somewhat smaller than the US Senate. Just as you would expect a cabinet member/Pres/Vice Pres to know a prominant Senator Neroon and Delenn would have some familiarity.

Back