• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 changes

Oh but if that were to happen... then poor Ivanova would be cheated on and not only would she never let herself fall for another man, but also never fall for another woman. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TJ

The three of them could be "friends". /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ooh, yeah... Lyta was Zack's crush. If anyone should of gotten her it was him. Byron didn't deserve her.

No Talia, Lyta all the way! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey, I happened to like Lyta. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Less Byron though... she should have instantly realised the hotness of G'Kar instead.

I would have liked to see Garibaldi crush Bester's head like an egg shell, and watch as Bester's brains oozed out on the floor... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Other than keeping Ivanova, I can't think of anything else I'd wanna change. Although I think it worked out in the end with Lockley, I happened to like her character. I think even Byron was necessary, even I couldn't stand the idiot. He had to be portrayed like a freak cult leader for it to work. It would have been nice for Lyta and Zack to get together though, and not her and freak-teep Byron. I even liked some of the episodes that were not part of the arc mentioned earlier, like Grail, TKO, etc. They showed another part of B5, other than the political intrigue and shadow war.

She could have taken him up on his offer of a direct mating to give the Narns telepathic genes. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I thought she didn't have one
<Kribu>She said that without any knowledge of what a certain Narn could do</Kribu>

Sorry Kribu, heehee. I figured saying that about G'kar would sound better coming from you. Oh dear, I think my mind is in the wrong forum ....

Thank you, Loadhan, that was pretty much what I was tempted to say, except that I managed to control myself yesterday. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But yes... that's the reason I was thinking of, too. I mean, she only said it after Byron, of all people. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Yea I can see what you mean about that GKE. It is a sudden and swift change, and takes a bit for things to pick up again.

No Talia. I think Lyta (MORE LYTA!!!) and Takashima should have stayed on from the pilot. JMS planned to get rid of Takashima via a similar method to dump Talia, then enter Ivanova, who would have been in Corwin's spot until then. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I think that would have added more drama to the show that way. Plus I would keep the Ivanova character in S5 with or w/out Claudia.

Some shows have been known to replace actors but keep the characters. IIRC, this is something JMS said he avoided.

I usually stop watching shows that do that, unless the show is REALLY good. I mean, how are you supposed to explain the fact that the character doesn't look the same, plastic surgery?! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Such as when they changed the actor who played Na'Toth is S1. Though I think its easier to change an actor who plays an alien since it will be less noticeable due to the makeup. If they changed the actress who played a human it would be very noticeable, so keeping Ivanova wouldn't have been a good thing. Especially after she's been in the series in a major role for 4 seasons. Not that I wouldn't have wanted Ivanova to stay, but actors and actresses have to do whats best for them in either case.

Since Ivanova had been through the healing machine Claudia could have been replaced at that point. The actress left after 2 more episodes and a couple of the movies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back