• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Bionic Woman

crazyhorse

Anarchist
Has anybody seen this series yet?

Was surprised to see the lass from Eastenders as the main character,Starbuck as the flawed original bionic woman and a decent storyline.

OK it's only another remake but at least it's worth watching I believe (well on the evidence of the first two episodes) it could go on to become one of my favourites anyway :D

I watched the first two episodes and will watch the third. Its OK. Has some promise. Some girlfriends of mine really like it, which I guess doesn't surprise me. Its funny because you can play "Spot the Battlestar Galactica Actor" while watching it. In the first episode we had, of course, Starbuck. We also had the Chief Tyrol. Also had the lawyer that was defending Baltar in the Season 3 final few episodes (also who was Badger from Firefly).

And the funniest part? When they are walking around that town that got hit with the plague, they walk into a house of a bunch of dead people, and one of the TVs is on. Guess what is playing on the tube? BSG --- the scene where the Pegasus is getting pummeled.

Gotta love NBC and their cross marketing genius.

I've the seen all of it so far and it's ok.
It's an interesting contrast from the original where in the 70's Jamie Sommers was happy to work for the agency and everyone trust one another. Now its different. People are reluctant and trust is hard to earn.
Anyway I'll give it a chance for awhile until the younger/older sister dynamic starts to wear down my nerves.

Of course everytime she runs or does something "bionic" i long for the old sound from the original.. LOL

I'm enjoying it. Love the girl on girl fight scenes. In a television world of Desperate Housewives/CSI version 17/Grey's Anatomy.... it's a nice change.

Its a decent show, and yea the girl on girl fight scenes are neat...but they make me miss Alias. Man, this show would totally kick ASS of Jennifer Garner was the Bionic Woman. I guess too many people (like me) would be comparing her to Sydney though in the show...

OK so I've basically reached the conclusion that this show is basically "Alias" redone. Anyone else see all the similarities?

Sorta, yeah -- but without the intriguing plot twists (so far, at least). It's also missing a Rimbaldi-esque storyline... not necessarily the same kind of story, but one that over-arcs the series.

Plus, Michelle Ryan is a little easier on the eyes than Jennifer was in most of Alias. Had I not found out yesterday afternoon that she was British, her accent last night would really have impressed me. Instead, I was impressed that she had already convinced me she was really American. :)

Last edited:
I guess to me its similar at a high level. Two every-day women all of a sudden find themselves as spies. Sydney because of her fiancee being killed, Jamie because of her accident and new bionics.

Both shows also try to show the stars trying to maintain their "normal" college/early twenty something lives. Sydney had her little group of friend she tried to maintain while adjusting to her new double life. Jamie likewise is trying to maintain her life and take care of her sister. So both had the whole "double life" thing going.

Obviously both shows have two ass-kicking super-spy women in them as well.

It also just has the same sort of "feel" to it that Alias did. I realize there isn't the Rambaldi-ish overall arc (although that turned out to be a big tease more than it did a master plan by the writers) but there will be something along those lines soon I imagine. My money is that Jamie finds out she is working for the badguys or that her organization isn't as up-and-up as it appears to her.

Yeah, I can see the similarities definitely but BW is less interesting to me than the first season of Alias. I am already starting to get bored with it but I will stick it out for the rest of the season unless it really gets annoying.

Does anyone watch Pushing Daisies? I don't see a thread for it and am too lazy to start one. It's made by the same guy who did Dead Like Me and sorta has a similar feel to it. Definitely deals with death a lot and is humorous. It is definitely quirky and maybe a little too bizarre but I am liking it right now. More than some of the other new shows like Journeyman and BW.

Bionic Woman tried to be Dark Angel and Alias, and was as good as neither. It also felt outdated... offering nothing new. Particularly with technology being what it is... "ooh she can run fast" has very little appeal.

I felt her character was uncompelling,, and the story contrived. I watched the pilot at Comic Con and audience reaction was rather quiet. I gave it six episodes to last.

It's done three now, and its ratings are on the way down. It'll probably make more than six, but it won't make season two at this rate.

There is/was a lot of hype around the show when it first hit the air. I was under the impression its ratings were better than most other NBC shows, especially the new ones. Still I agree, I'm really not that into the show. I'm far more interesting Journeyman (which I am becoming convinced is too good to last) and Life (which for a cop show is definitely different for a change). Heroes is always my mainstay too, but so far this Season hasn't grabbed me yet...I'm waiting for it to.

So, after falling asleep 3 times trying to watch the last episode ... I guess that can tell you what I thought of it. But I wondered why she needed to be from England in this episode? I felt it was just a way to give her an easy way to talk "normal" but I didn't think it contributed to the story. There was also no explanation about WHY she could switch between the two accents so easily.

Well, its no longer in its timeslot. They are re-airing the pilot on Friday. No new episodes in sight. Is it done, or did they only order a few episodes to have more come in January or something when people care even less about it?

Well, its no longer in its timeslot. They are re-airing the pilot on Friday. No new episodes in sight. Is it done, or did they only order a few episodes to have more come in January or something when people care even less about it?
The show is on break this week because of Phenomenon and returns Wednesday 11/7. The schedule after that is anybody's guess so far...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back