• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The mighty GKarsEye watches Battlestar Galactica

Re: The mighty GKarsEye watches Battlestar Galacti

I dont know why, but during the last episode while they were viewing the video...I had this god-awful cheesy grin when they played the original score to BSG. It fit really well..a grand, over the top sentimental theme...

Re: The mighty GKarsEye watches Battlestar Galacti

Interesting read, and I agree. I like how they mentioned that really the only show to depict "Beam" or "Directed Energy" weapons realistically was Babylon 5.

(granted, they were a bit guilty with the Whitestars and Star Fury's, but all other ships had them at least correct according to physics)

I read an interview with Tricia Helfer that confirms my worst fears about the direction this show is headed in.
I've been asked many times what Number 6 is thinking, and I really have to go episode by episode because I'm not given anything. I spoke with (writer/producer) Ron Moore about it -- I said, 'I've got to know something. I don't want to play something one way in this episode, then you have an idea of something else later on.'; And he said, 'I don't know yet. I'm making it up as I go along.' He has a main story arc, and he has some ideas, but he hadn't really decided a lot of the Cylon characteristics and the Cylon story.
No wonder the show is becoming such a confused muddle. I shall continue to watch, mainly because I want to see what happens between Baltar (the only character on the show I find really interesting) and the new Six.

Sounds like Commander Adama's plan to keep the fleet going from crisis to crisis -- looking for water, looking for food, avoiding Cylon attacks -- to keep them from realizing that they weren't headed toward anywhere specific though he said he was taking them to Earth during the first season, that kind of plan kind of sounds like a bit of a similar approach is being used in terms of the writing of what the Cylon's "big plan" is going off of that quote.

Latest posts

Members online

Back