• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Breaking Bad

Bester

Regular
I was a bit of a late-comer to this show, but once I started watching it I couldn't stop. It's just like a good book that you can't put down. Also, it kept reminding me of B5. Aside from the fact that Bryan Cranston appeared in a season 4 episode of B5, I think it was because of this:

I kept picturing Bruce Boxleitner in the role of Walter and Jerry Doyle in the role of Hank.

Anyone else have the same thoughts? I can't fault the Breaking Bad cast - they did an amazing job. But I just couldn't get this out of my head. Maybe I'm going crazy.

Breaking Bad was a great show. I can't say I ever imagined Bruce or Jerry in those roles but that would have been interesting to see.

Babylon 5 was the first great serialized TV show for me. But there have been many since then that I may like even more:

Farscape
The Sopranos (not quite so arc oriented)
Deadwood
Rome
Carnivale
The Wire
The Shield
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Lost (first 3 seasons)

I like Bruce, but there aren't many actors who could pull off what Cranston did.

I think Mr White's journey from light to dark reminded me a little of Sheridan's journey. Although Sheridan never 'Broke Bad', he did become considerably more serious during the course of the show. He also grew a goatee for season 5!

Hank's jokey blue-collar attitude often reminded me of Doyle's portrayal of Garibaldi. They also share a somewhat similar appearance, and a very serious edge when the time called for it.

Finally, Mr White and Hank's confrontation towards the end of the show reminded me of Sheridan and Garibaldi's confrontation in season 4 (was Racing Mars the episode when they came to blows? I think it was).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back