• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

HEROES / VILIANS (Spoilers Welcome)

Interesting end to this "volume."

I don't think we're dealing with Nathan Petrelli. I think Nathan is dead and Papa Petrelli now looks like Nathan or such. Just my theory. No way that Nathan, the guy who would fly his brother up over the sky of New York and risk his life to save a city would suddenly start going down the dark road. Furthermore, Nathan seems to think he can start all over again with the formula. Can't do that w/o the catalyst and Petrelli Sr. had that. Who knows.

Cool on Ando's powers!

Hiro needs his back.

Peter has a power? Just one? Or all of them back?

The next volume looks interesting.

Probably just Nathan's (And Blue Flame Boy if he realizes how to use it, and maybe Suresh's) since they were all in the room with him when he became Meta Human again. Sylar had to start over again after he lost his powers to the disease, so I imagine Arthur Petrelli sucking his powers out would have the same effect.

Nathan started down a religious path at the beginning of the season, and he believes what he's doing is for the greater good (plus he's got political power), so although it's a stretch for him to have come so far down the dark road in such a short period of time, storywise, it does make sensse.

Nathan's always been a really unanchored character in all of the Heroes that I've seen, which every episode up to a few weeks ago. Hell, they started this season with Nathan suddenly having a turn to God, but that quickly evaporated for no reason. For how devout he suddenly became after surviving being shot, he just as suddenly stopped talking about God and his newfound devoutness.

Nathan is a windsock, he turns whichever direction the writers are blowing. According to what I've read, the writers weren't even sure they weren't going to have the gun shots actually kill Nathan until they started writing this season and decided to keep him alive.

Actually, Nathan discovered it wasn't God who sent Linderman's ghost, I think that's where he started losing his devout quest

Haven't seen the latest yet (will watch tonight or tomorrow afternoon) but I noticed you guys seem to be talking about this as if it's the final episode of.. the season? Or what... what's the deal w/ the scheduling?

Last of a "volume." The next volume will start in February. I think they've split the season up into two parts.

This is usually the time that shows take their holiday hiatus (which I loathe with the intensity of a thousand suns.)

So are we looking at a potential significant change for the next volume? I know there's been talk about shaking up the writing staff and such. Certainly the break will be a nice time for some of us to decide if we want to continue with this thing. Although I'll confess to a certain rubber-necking quality of entertainment with this show. Heroes has become like the last couple of season of The Sopranos- terrible but I just gotta see this through.

I have to admit... I stopped watching the show after they took Peter's powers. I watched a couple episodes here & there but I just wasn't feeling it. I tuned in for the season finale though & the whole time I wanted Peter to get his powers back. When the formula was all over the floor I was hoping somebody would knock him over so he could get a mouthful. :p

Yeah I think he just got Nathan's power and the Blue Flames from what's his face... I don't know if anybody else noticed but he had a cut on his face for the whole ep. & then it was gone at the end.

Last of a "volume." The next volume will start in February. I think they've split the season up into two parts.

This is usually the time that shows take their holiday hiatus (which I loathe with the intensity of a thousand suns.)

This Volume "Villians" was actually supposed to be the second half of S2, but, the writer's strike pushed Villians into S3.

Awful episode, awful season, will not watch anymore.

Knock bio mom out and she won't burn the place anymore. That's been shown to work other times. Leaving Sylar like that is stupid. Cut his freakin head off to make sure he doesn't come back. How the heck did Saresh survive the blast since it exploded with him still in the room? They bring back Hiro by making that girl run faster than light so she can travel through time? Really?

Horrible writers are to be blamed for this utter failure after a good first season. They would write an episode and then spend the next episode trying to get themselves out of the crap they wrote before. This went on for all of season 2 and 3. People also changed from episode to episode. It took Londo and Gkar 4 years to finally tolerate each other and another 20 to become friends. But Nathan and Sylar would change on a whim.

You had promise and you screwed it up. Bring back the 4400!

Bryan Fuller, the first season head writer, has returned and is already writing episodes for "Fugitives". He is supposed to steer the ship back into the sea lane.

I have to admit... I stopped watching the show after they took Peter's powers. I watched a couple episodes here & there but I just wasn't feeling it. I tuned in for the season finale though & the whole time I wanted Peter to get his powers back. When the formula was all over the floor I was hoping somebody would knock him over so he could get a mouthful. :p

Yeah I think he just got Nathan's power and the Blue Flames from what's his face... I don't know if anybody else noticed but he had a cut on his face for the whole ep. & then it was gone at the end.

Oooo! I wasn't the only one who noticed that. Good. Maybe it's not just a glitch in the story then. Maybe it really means something.

Ok just watched this and...

They bring back Hiro by making that girl run faster than light so she can travel through time? Really?

uh... yeah... major wtf-age right here. First of all, wouldn't her mass increase to infinity if she reached the speed of light? Isn't it impossible to cross the barrier of the speed of light? Why does this show force to try to stupidly out-think this stupidity?

Nathan Patrelli is just the worst.

I did like Sylar-as-Jigsaw, though.

uh... yeah... major wtf-age right here. First of all, wouldn't her mass increase to infinity if she reached the speed of light? Isn't it impossible to cross the barrier of the speed of light? Why does this show force to try to stupidly out-think this stupidity?

Not only that, but for now, let's give them the benefit of the doubt that if you go FTL you go back in time:
- How do you get back by also going FTL? (Does doing the same thing work both directions?)
- How is it she traveled back to precisely the right time & place to her target?
- ...And, how does she pull it off when she just learned how to do so less than five minutes prior?
- Just because Daphne can run really fast, how is it she can take people with her. We've seen her take both Matt and Ando at once at lightning speeds. Isn't the ability to lift two heavy men off the ground, such that they don't drag behind you, a totally different skill from being able to run really fast?

Whoever's writing this stuff needs a full staff of quality control.

Well I don't see Daphne being able to have people run w/ her as any stupider than time travelers being able to take people with them just be touching their shoulder.

I think the writers' attitude is "you know what, we're dealing with magical super-powers here, it doesn't make sense anyway, so fuck it." Which I am totally cool with, but please don't throw around "Einstein" and "relativity" without knowing what the hell you're talking about when you do that.

Well I don't see Daphne being able to have people run w/ her as any stupider than time travelers being able to take people with them just be touching their shoulder.

I think the writers' attitude is "you know what, we're dealing with magical super-powers here, it doesn't make sense anyway, so fuck it." Which I am totally cool with, but please don't throw around "Einstein" and "relativity" without knowing what the hell you're talking about when you do that.

Exactly, why bring up Einstein in that situation? If I were in Parkman's shoes, and being an engineer I have a slight understanding of some of Einstein's theories, I would have shrugged my shoulders and said, "hell if i know how you did that." Then I would have mentioned how we should go through a series of tests to see if you can control it and if you can move both backward and forward and by how much. We could take as long as we want b/c Hiro would still be there back in time. He's not going anywhere.

Would have been cool to see an old Hiro walk into the room as they were talking.

This is precisely how I feel. There are so many things I have not liked about seasons 2 & 3.0 so far that I really ought to give it up, but curiosity and hope keep making me tune it one more week.

For me, Heroes isn't the only weekly drama, but the field is diminishing especially with the recent series finales of The Shield and Boston Legal, the upcoming series finale of Stargate: Atlantis, and the fact that I gave up completely on Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice after last season and gave up on Fringe and Ugly Betty earlier this season. That only leaves Heroes, Chuck, Prison Break, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Sanctuary, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, the last two episodes of Stargate: Atlantis, and of course, Lost, Battlestar Galactica, and Dollhouse starting in 2009.

Wow, that is a lot of TV. I also watch The Big Bang Theory weekly, but it's not a drama.
I don't know if I can do that either. It goes back to the "hope" thing. Knowing that the erratic & convoluted Chapter 3: Heroes & Villains storyline will be coming to an end, I can't help but wonder if the Chapter 4: Fugitives (season 3.5) story will be better. And, while I'm not a huge fan of Bryan Fuller (I may be the only oxygen-breathing organism that hated Pushing Daisies), if he's partly responsible for making season one so good, the possibility of his return to Heroes may be yet another glimmer of hope.

The other glimmer of hope is that the disdain for the last two seasons seems to be pretty universal by fans & critics alike, which means it can't go un-noticed by NBC. They seem to have already taken steps to rectify the situation by firing two of the writers and inviting Fuller back (or at least not standing in his way when he expressed interest). Entertainment Weekly and TV Guide have both published bullet point lists of how to fix Heroes, so the buzz about the season 2 & 3 suckage is out there and the fans & industry insiders have practically handed the producers a free-of-charge game plan for making things better. Now all NBC has to do is listen and follow the suggestions.

Yeah I've decided that I'm going to stick with it for volume 4. I've never seen Pushing Daisies, but there seems to be a lot of hope that this guy can rescue the show, so I'll give it a go. If it's still bad, then at least I can have fun by moaning about it to my friends and on messageboards.

As to the final episode of the volume. I liked Peter getting his powers back, I cna't remember much else, apart from Worf is now the US President.

Can someone explain what "African Isaac" was doing on the rooftop looking down at Matt. Was he supposed to be an apparition that Matt hallucinated, was he there because the past has been changed?

Or was it just another random entry that wasn't thought out (given that Papa P offed him)?

Hmm, dunno. Something in the past changed with Hiro doing what he did. Perhaps African Isaac avoided it. I don't know. I dig AI so I'm glad he's back.

Oh I liked his character too... and am also glad to see him back. I just didn't get what they were trying to do with him in the last episode.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back