• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

T3 Rise of the Machines (Spoilers)

You can only have so many rescue in the nick of time scenes before they lose affect and believability.

For me, they lost believability a long time ago. They've been part of the movie formula for so long that I'm surprised that people still jump at these scenes.

I wasn't refering to the war happening but that skynet was spread out over the worlds' computers. N defense net to smash, no way to win the war.

Although it was not what I was talking about the theme was the exact opposite of the first two movies. Those two were all about having control over your own destiny while the third made fate out to be unavoidable.

Well,it was okay in my book..I liked the part where Arnie sorta squeezes John's face...hehe...I still don't know why he did that
But I felt the show could have done better.T1 and T2 were the greatest

I just got back from watching T3! Woooh. What a thrill ride, I really enjoyed it.

I was expecting all show, and no heart, and I have loathed Mostow since I saw U-571. But T3 kicked ass, and I humbly eat my hat.

I felt it was quite tongue in cheek at times, which I loved. In particular the sunglasses scene at the beginning. I also liked little things, like Kristanna speaking to a modem.

I fel there were a few mintor contrivances (was very surprised they weren't bigger , actually) and I felt Arnie was probably a little too Human in this one.

And the ending surprised me, even though it's logical. I'm very much in the mind that what will happen will happen. So it tied in very much with what I think is true.

T2 was about hope, and I don't think T3 had that feeling really (as Linda Hamilton said in an interview). But I don't see it as a bad thing... shit happens, and life isn't always fair. That to me is what this part was about.

As for more Terminator movies Arnie has said:
"I think that it's important to know that I love this character and that I will continue coming back and coming back as long as the fans enjoy seeing me back. I totally operate by what the fans want, not what I want. The fans have to believe if they walk out of 'Terminator 3' and they say, 'This was fantastic. Arnold looked great. I loved the Terminator we want more. This was great, let's see the next one.' Then we got to go and talk about doing the next one. So I'm all ready for it."

Oh, and I must say: what a fantastic attitude! I really get quite annoyed with some actors who are full of "I've taken the character as far as I can" crap. It's so cliched. It's nice to see Arnie respond in such a down to earth way.

I don't know, Ant. How often do you really see actors refusing to beat a character to death? Sure, for Terminator, dramatic integrity isn't as important, but most characters benefit from some restraint.

Jodie Foster was smart to not continue the Silence of the Lambs series.

And I think we all could have lived without the last couple of Batman movies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back