• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lost Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Ugh, I hate it when they totally drop a storyline. What about Locke????

Is anyone else suspicious of Naomi? I don't know why but I just don't trust her.

What do you mean dropped? You can't show every single thread in every episode. I am certain it will be picked back up in the finale. Was it dropped storylines in Babylon 5 when things went several episodes in between?

It was not Cindy in the Looking Glass hatch, according to people who have screen-grabbed and zoomed the relevant frames. (How and why would she have suddenly gone there, with only one other person, days ahead of the Other's planned attack and without being detected by Rousseau, the Losties or any of the other Others?)

But there was a short-haired brunette, she was the second armed who came running when Charlie boarded the hatch. She hung back while the other woman (blonde? redhead? hard to tell with the lighting) approached him.

No way they kill Locke. There aren't a lot of character's I'd say are off-limits for the Grim Reaper, but he's one of them. (So are Jack and Kate, and probably Sawyer. Other than those four, all bets are off. ;))

Can't wait for next week, even though the promo was obviously edited for a little misdirection. (Ben's "Hello, Jack" is clearly audio from another scene - I don't even think that is the back of Ben's head.)

Regards,

Joe

The way I see it, Charlie's death is merely delayed. By 11pm next week, that station will probably be full of water.

This was my impression. Desmond said he didn't know WHEN it would happen. The way they filmed him going to the moon pool they almost made it seem like they expected Charlie to die because the moon pool was flooded. They said specifically he drowns flipping a switch. So when he surfaced inside, his saying "I'm alive!" really didn't make any sense to me. I was like "no shit you are alive, because you haven't found the switch yet. You find that, then you drown."

I agree though, I'm sure they will still off him in the finale. Oddly, I thought that episode was well done and a bit emotional, which is funny considering I really don't like Charlie's character and couldn't care less if he is on the show or not. So if thats how I feel about him and still think the episode was good, then thats saying something...

This was my impression. Desmond said he didn't know WHEN it would happen. The way they filmed him going to the moon pool they almost made it seem like they expected Charlie to die because the moon pool was flooded. They said specifically he drowns flipping a switch. So when he surfaced inside, his saying "I'm alive!" really didn't make any sense to me. I was like "no shit you are alive, because you haven't found the switch yet. You find that, then you drown."

I agree though, I'm sure they will still off him in the finale. Oddly, I thought that episode was well done and a bit emotional, which is funny considering I really don't like Charlie's character and couldn't care less if he is on the show or not. So if thats how I feel about him and still think the episode was good, then thats saying something...

The last spoiler I heard was that they were going to kill a MAJOR (emphasis theirs) character who wasn't Charlie.

I've also heard rumour that there was going to be a massive head to head between Locke and Jack in the finale... but that was before Locke took a bullet.

The producers get a kick out of the smoke and mirrors game... don't they?

The way they filmed him going to the moon pool they almost made it seem like they expected Charlie to die because the moon pool was flooded. They said specifically he drowns flipping a switch. So when he surfaced inside, his saying "I'm alive!" really didn't make any sense to me. I was like "no shit you are alive, because you haven't found the switch yet. You find that, then you drown."

1) Charlie was almost out of air when he reached the Moon Pool.

2) They did expect the entire hatch to be flooded. That's why Desmond describes the place as being flooded and said, "You throw the switch, and then you drown" - not "You throw the switch, then the place fills with water, then you drown." Charlie was expecting to come up inside a completely flooded hatch that still had electrical power with barely enough air left to find the switch and throw it - then immediately drown when he can no longer hold his breath - hence his perfectly reasonable surprise that he's breathing air and still alive. A) He didn't expect to make it into the pool at all (since he was almost out of air and it was farther than he had expected) and B) When he did, he was surprised to find that there was air - that he was not only still alive, but that he was apparently going to stay alive and not drown in the airless confines of the hatch.

As for Desmond - "You're going to die, Charlie" is a pretty lame prediction. Everybody's going to die. Without specifics who cares? :) They've teased Charlie's death so relentlessly I starting to think he's a red-herring and that they're going to kill someone else.

(Although someone on the HTF had an interesting suggestion - Charlie throws the switch, escapes the hatch and is about to board the catamaran when he's suddenly attacked by the Dharma shark:

Charlie: "Hey! I thought you said I was going to drown!"

Desmond: "Sorry, brother. But if instead of 'drowned' I'd said, 'eaten alive by a shark', would you still have come?")

:D

Joe

Seems like the island isn't big enough for Locke and Ben both anymore, it's really tough to believe they would kill either one though by choice, and I can't imagine either of them asking to be released, as they both have long careers as non-leading characters and they don't strike me as being the type who would want to "venture off and further their career". Michael Emerson is a phenomenal actor, and Terry O'Quinn is major in the arc, and almost as good.

Danielle - Mira Furlan is too great a dramatic actress for them to kill her off before the tearful face to face reunion of Danielle and Alex. Although I could see Alex getting offed by Danielle or Ben by mistake during or immediately after the reunion.

Something tells me one of the shooters will end up being killed, if that's where the MAJOR character comes from, I'm guessing Sayid.

I doubt they've dropped it. I just think we're going to have to wait a bit to get some answers there, which is OK with me.

There's no way the island would just let Locke die, IMHO.

What do you mean dropped? You can't show every single thread in every episode. I am certain it will be picked back up in the finale. Was it dropped storylines in Babylon 5 when things went several episodes in between?

Geez, I forget how specific I need to be with you guys. So literal. :rolleyes: What I meant was that I hate it when they totally drop a storyline like it never happened in the next episode. Of course they usually pick it up later but it is still frustrating.

And I don't recall B5 ever doing what Lost regularly does with the story -- leading up to a really suspenseful/cliffhanger bit and then moving on like it never happened?

:D *waves arms* Over here!!!

Whew, I was hoping I wasn't the only one who doesn't trust Naomi. I mean the fancy radio transmitter and her story about them all being dead??

It was not Cindy in the Looking Glass hatch...

But there was a short-haired brunette, she was the second armed who came running when Charlie boarded the hatch. She hung back while the other woman (blonde? redhead? hard to tell with the lighting) approached him.

I generally pay attention to the guest stars at the beginning of the show and kept waiting for two of the names I recognized to appear. Needless to say it wasn't until the last minute that they both appeared. One was Tracy Middendorf and the other was Lana Parilla, both of whom have been on 24. You are correct in that none of them was Cindy.

I'm really looking forward to seeing who they are going to 'off', if they indeed do.

I'm still in the "Locke will be ok" camp... either by recovery or resurrection. I had a Babylon 5 thought...

What if Jacob is like Varn and has been waiting for someone worthy (Locke) to take his place as the island's main control system?

Did anyone else watch the Lost: Answers special? :D Did it answer any questions for you? According to the producers, Ben is actually afraid of Locke, and that makes me wonder about many things. :DI think he's coming baaack!!

I'm still in the "Locke will be ok" camp... either by recovery or resurrection. I had a Babylon 5 thought...

What if Jacob is like Varn and has been waiting for someone worthy (Locke) to take his place as the island's main control system?

Wow, interesting. After all, Varn did appear only to certain people on the station and say "Help me".

Geez, I forget how specific I need to be with you guys. So literal. :rolleyes: What I meant was that I hate it when they totally drop a storyline like it never happened in the next episode. Of course they usually pick it up later but it is still frustrating.

And I don't recall B5 ever doing what Lost regularly does with the story -- leading up to a really suspenseful/cliffhanger bit and then moving on like it never happened?

Whew, I was hoping I wasn't the only one who doesn't trust Naomi. I mean the fancy radio transmitter and her story about them all being dead??

Maybe I just disagree with your interpretation of "Like nothing ever happened". This show is on a very short timeline, many episodes not even comprising a full day. "Like nothing ever happened" suggests to me that we've seen Locke up and around or something. I have a feeling, since we are on the other side of the island, very little time has passed by the time Charlie got captured, versus when Locke got shot, maybe even only minutes or an hour. I think last week's episode started a while before Locke got shot, and ended right after

A couple of B5 examples is the hole in Sinclair's mind, or the revealing of the Shadows and the Rangers.

Did anyone else watch the Lost: Answers special? :D Did it answer any questions for you? According to the producers, Ben is actually afraid of Locke, and that makes me wonder about many things. :DI think he's coming baaack!!

The Answers special, I don't really think was supposed to answer questions for people who can follow the plot. It was more to show the whiners that the plot has advanced and questions have been answered, and also to "Scooby Doo" the answers for those who didn't catch them. You wouldn't believe how many people still write agressive posts about how upset they are that the reason the Plane crashed hasn't been answered like they promised at the season finale, or people posting complaints about why the buttonr doesn't need to pushed anymore (IE: Wouldn't the implosion be happeneing every 108 minutes). So, I think it was reiterate for those people what has been answered, and perhaps on a higher level to verify things like Ben is scared of Locke, which seemed to be the case, but, wasn't stated definitively.

SPOILERS FOR FINALE

like in the last two years, they again kept the best for last. The end was pretty cool, also if I totally saw through the fact that it wasn't a Jack flashback.

Will be interesting to see what season 4 will be about. The fight against Naomi's evil boat??

Oh, and why is Kate not in prison? And who was in the coffin?

Aargh! No answers till Feb 2008.

And Charlie is a complete dork, btw. Talk about a needless death. The station would have needed what, a year to fill up? And they could have even gotten out without scuba gear, considering that they got IN like that?

Silly hobbits.

Last edited:
Yea, as Charlie found out that it wasn't Penny's boat, why did he lock the door with him INSIDE? Another 2 seconds and he would have locked himself in the moon pool room and been safe. Whatever.

The Jack non-flashback was kind of cool. I knew he wasn't talking to his wife from the start...but I didn't know it was someone from the island, and not a flashBACK at all until I saw all the maps on the floor of his room. Bizarre. Wonder how they address this one...

And yea, the stuff in Season 4 with the "evil" boat that isn't really there to rescue them will be interesting. I think the first third to half of this season was weak, but man, EVERY episode in the second half or so was quality IMO. The finale didn't disappoint. It was fairly straight-up to a degree, until that end with Jack and Kate. Well done IMO.

I wonder if they will start season 4 on the island, with people getting off ... or off the island, with people trying to get back. Though the latter option sounds a bit .. BSG.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back