• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Did ya get any b5 for christmas?

Where have you been? It's a flipper disc (one feature per side). No big deal. If you read the fine print around the hub, you'll see the title of the feature that will play when you put it that side up in the player.

Nope, it's not a pirate copy. The The Gathering/In The Beginning DVD is a double sided one, and it's rather stupid, in my personal opinion.

Run Lola Run is a double sided disc too, and that movie isn't long at all, they just decided to put the widescreen on one side and fullscreen on the other side.

Personally, I find such double sided DVDs to be quite annoying.

It's not stupid; it's just inexpensive. Remember, this was Warner Brothers "test the waters" disc, used to determine if there was demand for B5 on DVD. I gave mine away (to start a new fan) when I got the Movie Collection Set.

Putting a FS on one side and a WS on the other was a common practice.

Okay - thanks for that guys. Maybe I am a bit behind - I did not know that there was such a thing as a 'flipper disc' until today. I don't think that I had a DVD-player when B5 started coming out on DVD. And it sounds silly, but I haved avoided reading too much about B5 on DVD - I want there to be some surprises.

I guess I am going to have to be careful about how I handle that dvd - no touching the surface, just the edge and the whole in the middle.
Yikes! It is like a vinyl record.

I guess I am going to have to be careful about how I handle that dvd - no touching the surface, just the edge and the whole in the middle.

There are people who touch discs on anything but the edges and the hole in the middle? :eek:

What I meant was that usually, you can touch the disc on the top or title side.

And yes, there are some people who do touch the discs, and put their fingers all over it. I've had discs out of video libraries and my local library which have been absolutely covered in fingerprints, food - or some other unidentifiable substance. And some of them have the most dreadful stratches.
The same goes for CDs.

What I meant was that usually, you can touch the disc on the top or title side.

But why would anybody do that? I only ever touch the sides when loading or unloading the player, the center hole and sides when loading and unloading the recorder (because the recorder tray does not let me have access to the edges), and the clear part around the hub (on the top surface only) when putting them back on their hub in the packaging.

And yes, there are some people who do touch the discs, and put their fingers all over it. I've had discs out of video libraries and my local library which have been absolutely covered in fingerprints, food - or some other unidentifiable substance. And some of them have the most dreadful stratches.
The same goes for CDs.

Those barbarians! :eek: :LOL:

Not to mention those households where a CD/DVD and its cover is never re-united after the first opening, and "stack of CDs" litterally means a stack of CDs, like the leaning tower of Pisa (and with some Pizza too).

Not to mention those households where a CD/DVD and its cover is never re-united after the first opening, and "stack of CDs" litterally means a stack of CDs, like the leaning tower of Pisa (and with some Pizza too).

My otherwise lovely girlfriend has a habit of doing this, usually with my stuff, when the box is sitting in front of her!!! :mad:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back