• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

End of ST:TNG

Glacophane

Regular
Here is a quick article from IGN which states that Marina Sirtis has said, along with Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes; that there will not be any more Next Generation films.

IGN

Patrick Stewart has been pretty open about his opinion that there will be no more ST: TNG.

Let's face it, folks: until some decent writing and direction can come to this "empire" it really should die. I can adore and admire Patrick Stewart via the X-Men now. :D

So I'm at peace. ;)

Seriously, this "empire" has to either caputure a new audience, or die with a shred of dignity. :rolleyes:

I personally don't believe it. I'm not saying that they'll be running into the studio - but given a decade or so, it's more than likely that they'll want to do it again. Once Enterprise is cancelled and the franchise cools for a few years, people will be all nostalgiac about it.

After all, Sean Connery made Never Say Never Again.

;)

Well IMO the original Trek had 4 out of 6 movies that were good (I consider III a good movie, although its often overlooked after ST:2). So far the TNG team has had 1 good movie in 4. Not a good track record.

Not to blame the cast. I blame it on two things.

1) No more Gene
2) Enter Rick Berman

I think the TNG movies could have been so great, I like the basic plot of all of them. But there are a lot of "little" things that annoy me in each one. The one I have the least number of annoyances over is Nemesis. It's sad. The scripts and preproduction crew needed to go over things and revise a couple more times, I think. And not been too damned reserved.

Yeah, Sisko being whisked off by the Prophets while his wife was pregnant really tied up all the dangling loose ends.

Sisko could be reutrned carrying a really big silver handgun and a bad attitude. :LOL:

*waits to see how long it will take someone to get this*

Does he get to wear the wrap-around shades, shave his head, and speak with some slightly unusual emphasis patterns ("Hey, SpenCER!")?

:cool:

Well IMO the original Trek had 4 out of 6 movies that were good (I consider III a good movie, although its often overlooked after ST:2). So far the TNG team has had 1 good movie in 4. Not a good track record.

Not to blame the cast. I blame it on two things.

1) No more Gene
2) Enter Rick Berman

Don't forget Braga. :p

Yea him too. I was gonna toss Pillar in that group, but he always did good with DS9 so I didnt want to include him.

While there were some good things in DS9, I don't know if I would want to see a feature film version. And I must admit, a lot of it annoyed the hell out of me - the Kira/Odo love affair, Dax and Worf, all of the Ferengi outings, and that final episode - bah!

The only good things were the overarching war, and the promising Bajorian political machinations, which got dropped fairly early on, after the Dominion War started up.

Give the whole franchise a lay off for a good while, I say.

I suspect the Rules of Aquisition are the only funny Ferengi bits. I swear, if I saw another Moogie and Grand Negus Zek episode, I would have gotten a chair and smashed the TV set with it.

Quark was great, but only in his interaction with the other main characters on the station. Anytime his mother, or Zek, and even his brother appeared... ugh!

Don't get me wrong - I do like DS9, and think it is the best of the Trek series, but some parts I could do without!

I swear, if I saw another Moogie and Grand Negus Zek episode, I would have gotten a chair and smashed the TV set with it.
I feel your pain about Grand Nagus Zek, and here is where I think DS9 went wrong with that character: The actor they chose for the role.

You make a role seem like the silliness of a children's cartoon anytime you cast Wallace "You just fell victim to one of the classic blunders" Shawn for the part. I was just waiting for Grand Nagus Zek to say "INCONCEIVABLE" the first episode I saw him in.

I really liked Zek.. however, pre-Moogie.

Then it just got silly.

I think the show as getting so serious in the later seasons that they were using the Ferengi as this comedy scapegoat.

But then read any interview with the writers and they admit that the Ferengi thing just went too far. :)

I think the Quark sexchange has to be the lowest point of DS9.

Back