• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 VCD

Bester

Regular
Good evening.
Does anyone happen to know a website thru which I can buy Babylon 5 on VCD? I read that they were only released on the Asian market a while ago.
Thanks.

The only sites I've seen that carry any B5 VCDs are limited to a couple of TV movies - The Gathering, In the Beginning and (just recently) Thirdspace. Since the first two are available on one (U.S., Australia/NZ) or two (U.K.) DVDs instead of four VCDs, I don't see much point in buying them.

The movies sell for around $13 each, plus shipping. Presumably two episodes would cost about the same, so we're looking at $260 a season. At those prices you could buy the upcoming S1 DVD set and have enough money left over to buy a DVD player if you don't already have one.

I saw a post from someone who said he recently bought Crusade on VCD from a retailer, and I've asked him for a URL because I know KoshN is looking for them. If I get an address I'll be happy to pass it along, but I would have to advise waiting a month or two to see if we get an official announcement from Warner Bros. on the DVDs before you invest any money in VCD.

Regards,

Joe

Thanks for the info.
The reason for my question is that I'm interested in buying particular episodes, without buying the whole season to which they are a part of (if the DVDs are released, the chances are that they will be season-by-season box sets).
Thanks again.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>I'm interested in buying particular episodes, without buying the whole season to which they are a part of <hr></blockquote>

Ah, that makes sense, and is about the only reason I can think of for wanting the show on VCD. Still, I'd do the math. If you're going to buy more than a few episodes from a given season, the boxed set might still make more sense. There's no law that says you have to watch them all. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back