• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The No Speculation Thread - News Posts Only Please

Well, it's nice to see that this thread is serving its purpose.
:rolleyes:

I just thought people might appreciate a thread where they could see if there was any actual news on the horizon without all the bullshit. I was wrong. Sue me.

I just thought people might appreciate a thread where they could see if there was any actual news on the horizon without all the bullshit.

And I'm sure they do. Of course, there hasn't been any news.

I was wrong. Sue me.

No, you were right. People do appreciate having a thread where genuine news can show up first when it finally does, and in the meantime we've managed to have some fun in this thread without endless speculation about the future B5 projects. So I think the thread is serving a useful purpose, in part as a sort of pressure relief valve. I'm sorry you are so focused on what you intended the thread to be that you can't appreciate what it has, in fact, become.

(Sheesh, next time I won't refute any mistaken criticisms of your posts and let the apparent self-contradiction cause the whole thing to collapse into a singularity and vanish with an audible pop. :))

Regards,

Joe

People do appreciate having a thread where genuine news can show up first when it finally does
I certainly would. Even more so if the b5tv.com board system actually sent out emails when a new post comes. Does it?

I'll be spending time here follwoing the lament for Richard Biggs anyway, but email alerts would be welcome in the future.

Because once a project is scrapped JMS is free to talk about it - and will.

:)

Joe

Hmmm... Just how much has JMS said about that "Wheel of Fire" project he was going to do with Chris Carter, the Polaris project, or what his plans were for the series to follow TLADIS? ANYTHING that might happen in the future is by definition speculation, certainly enough to be the premise of a joke. :D A joke which was an allusion to NOMAD in ST:TOS, not MI's taped messages... :p

Re: The No Speculation Thread - News Posts Only Pl

Hmmm... Just how much has JMS said about that "Wheel of Fire" project he was going to do with Chris Carter,

Without wanting to be pedantic, it was actually "The World On Fire". And I know nothing other than what JMS said at the time of the cancellation - i.e. that the studio got cold feet when CC's previous series (Harsh Realm?) was cancelled after 3 episodes, and wanted his next production to be 100% Chris Carter.

He also said that it was a terribly original idea, something that no one had quite done before, and that he therefore was going to keep quiet about it after the rights reverted to him (which they did shortly after the CBS deal failed to happen) on the chance that he'd be able to develop and sell it elsewhere later. And I'm not sure Polaris is entirely dead, either. The B5 projects aren't quite "secret" in the same way those two are/were.

Regards,

Joe

And to add a little more onto what JDM has said, it took JMS 5 years to get the Gathering made, so, these could still be out there just waiting for the wheel to turn again. Unlike Crusade, nothing has been filmed yet, so, it won't damage or inhibit them if it takes several years to come to life.

He also said that it was a terribly original idea, something that no one had quite done before, and that he therefore was going to keep quiet about it after the rights reverted to him (which they did shortly after the CBS deal failed to happen) on the chance that he'd be able to develop and sell it elsewhere later.

The World on Fire project IS dead, however, as JMS has stated himself : the project centered on themes that became reality latter, since september 11.

Subject: Re: JMS: What's new?
To: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated
Date: 7/8/2003 12:25:00 AM
No Thread

>IIRC, development season should be starting around now. Any plans on dusting
>off "Polaris" and/or "World on Fire" and pitching them again?

Polaris is still making the rounds, so we'll see what happens on that front.
"Wofld on Fire" is not do-able anymore because the events of the world caught
up with the story. (Essentially, it was about the events leading up and
following America getting into its next war, starting with an attack on New
York. Very eerily, nearly everything that was in the script and the planned
series has now happened, so the show is now a moot issue.)

Tom Hobbes

So everything planned for World on Fire has taken place? That's too spooky!

And thanks for the title correction Garibaldishair.

It's OFFICIAL. B5:TMoS = "The Memory of Shadows"

----- Original Message -----
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 8:26 AM
Subject: various from jms

B5:TMoS (which as some of you have guessed or inferred does indeed stand for The Memory of Shadows.
>
>
> jms
>
>
> (all message content (c) 2004 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
> permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
> and don't send me story ideas)

Thanks Kosh. Any idea when we'll get any info? Such as Format, when, cast, basic premise?

Thanks Kosh. Any idea when we'll get any info? Such as Format, when, cast, basic premise?

See the full posting in the other thread...it may give you some indication as to how much longer we'll be waiting now. I would guess at least a month or more.

CE

Just when I had finally convinced myself it would be The Mallard of Sinclair, too. :(

Regards,

Joe

Didn't anyone from this forum (besides me) attend the Hawthorne con, and post about it afterwards? JMS made it quite clear that the new project is a film.

Aisling

Didn't anyone from this forum (besides me) attend the Hawthorne con, and post about it afterwards? JMS made it quite clear that the new project is a film.
Aisling

Well, yeah...there was me. But we still don't have an official Peep.

Jan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back