B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old January 13th 21, 15:58   #31
Looney
Telepath

Re: Eureka (2006-2012)

Episode 2.10
GOD IS IN THE DETAILS

IMDB Synopsis: Zoe and her friends lose their voices, but whatever is causing the symptoms has an even worse effect on Allison and her only hope comes from an unusual source.

LIKED:
I would say all things considered a middle of the road episode, but l leaned away from it. I can't say I really liked much of it other than having Teryl Rothery as a guest star.

DIDN'T LIKE:
I just didn't really enjoy this one. I felt the plot escalation didn't really fit the circumstances, but as stated there was more going on than was being shown. I guess they just didn't do a great job of getting that idea across or I just wasn't in the mood.

I can say that one thing that turned me off was what happened with Jo's character. She just seemed slightly off character for her.

And I can't say I'm thrilled with where they are going with Kevin's character at this point.
Spoiler for spoiler:
We're talking borderline magic here. I think I would be okay with it if they had done a better job working up to it, but the fact that Stark just brought him in and expected him to magically heal Allison put me off.

So this isn't really a memorable one for me, which is a shame because I really like Teryl Rothery and I wish she had been in a more memorable episode.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th 21, 16:05   #32
Looney
Telepath

Episode 11
MANEATER

IMDB Synopsis: All the women of Eureka begin to pursue Carter, so something must be very wrong.

LIKED.....
Oh what a great concept that just didn't quite hit right. Loved all the humor. Loved seeing guest stars like Lexa Doig.

DIDN'T LIKE.....
How they wasted this opportunity with needless convulsion filler. They tried to make more of a mystery than was necessary and it some what spoiled other aspects and made for some big plot holes.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Early on they were too specific with the female attraction. Carter was around more than just the women they focused on in the script. The issue should have been more evident earlier on.

I know the stuff with the wolves was meant to be a mislead, but it just seemed unnecessary. Yeah they were able to stick some good plot points in with it, but they could have used that screen time for more humor.
There was enough mystery going on. They didn't need the wolves.

And talk about a huge hole, why didn't Dr. Stone (Richard Ian Cox) report finding the bodies? That made no sense. I know they would say his wife distracted him, but that would also make no sense. Why would he go home before reporting the discovery of human remains?!

Ugggggh poor choices are so annoying because this could have / should have been an excellent episode. I would say the episode is an overall winner, but it could have been top tier.

WOW! Just realized this was post 800!!!!! Where is my prize?

Last edited by Looney; January 17th 21 at 16:16.
Old January 20th 21, 03:28   #33
Kraig
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
Episode 11
MANEATER

IMDB Synopsis: All the women of Eureka begin to pursue Carter, so something must be very wrong.

LIKED.....
Oh what a great concept that just didn't quite hit right. Loved all the humor. Loved seeing guest stars like Lexa Doig.

DIDN'T LIKE.....
How they wasted this opportunity with needless convulsion filler. They tried to make more of a mystery than was necessary and it some what spoiled other aspects and made for some big plot holes.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Early on they were too specific with the female attraction. Carter was around more than just the women they focused on in the script. The issue should have been more evident earlier on.

I know the stuff with the wolves was meant to be a mislead, but it just seemed unnecessary. Yeah they were able to stick some good plot points in with it, but they could have used that screen time for more humor.
There was enough mystery going on. They didn't need the wolves.

And talk about a huge hole, why didn't Dr. Stone (Richard Ian Cox) report finding the bodies? That made no sense. I know they would say his wife distracted him, but that would also make no sense. Why would he go home before reporting the discovery of human remains?!

Ugggggh poor choices are so annoying because this could have / should have been an excellent episode. I would say the episode is an overall winner, but it could have been top tier.

WOW! Just realized this was post 800!!!!! Where is my prize?

I think you have to wait to get above 1000 to be a PsiCop.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” — H. L. Mencken, Baltimore Evening Sun, 26 July 1920

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No. No."
-- Craig T. Nelson
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st 21, 18:35   #34
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post

I think you have to wait to get above 1000 to be a PsiCop.
Woh! A thousand posts and I will be a P12 or HIGHER!!!!!

So what Kraig is suggesting is I should pad my numbers. Perhaps one sentence, post it, next sentence, post it, and so on and so on until I gain my telepathic abilities.