B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old March 2nd 10, 01:29   #1
Sinclair
Moderator
 
Sinclair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,755
Anyone still watching Lost?

Just curious as to see if anyone is still watching Lost. I know some people have gotten frustrated and quit watching it, but I have always been left wanting more. As the series winds down to the last episodes I would like to see some discussion on how everyone thinks it's going and how it will end.




*******POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR FINAL SEASON EPISODES MAY FOLLOW*******




I am curious as to how the 'alternate' reality (the one where the plane never crashed) is going to play out and how it may coincide with the current reality. I am loving the whole smoke monster Locke storyline. Now he has Sawyer following him and who knows who else he will get. I like how he referred to Alpert as 'not used to seeing him without the chains', which I assume implies Alpert's arrival via the Black Rock.

One thing that still confuses me from last season that I hope will get explained is why some of the people on the Ajira flight (Sun, Ben, and Lapidus) did not go back in time with Hurley, Jack, Sayid, and Kate. I can understand why Ben and Lapidus may not have gone back since they hadn't been on the original Oceanic flight, but then why wasn't Sun sent back to the past?
__________________
"I have often been accused of putting my foot in my mouth, but I will never put my hand in your pockets."
-Spiro T. Agnew
Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd 10, 03:44   #2
Ninja_Squirrel
First One
 
Ninja_Squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Winston-Salem, NC, USA
Posts: 1,055
Re: Anyone still watching Lost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
Just curious as to see if anyone is still watching Lost. I know some people have gotten frustrated and quit watching it, but I have always been left wanting more.
I am definitely still watching. I've been enjoying it. I got frustrated way back in season 3, but it picked up in season 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
I am curious as to how the 'alternate' reality (the one where the plane never crashed) is going to play out and how it may coincide with the current reality.
My guess is we will see two endings. Right now, I can't wrap my brain around the possibility that one timeline will just fade away, overwrite the other, or merge with the other. The 2nd timeline will probably be the one with the relatively happy endings. The original timeline is getting a bit ominous. I think it's going to end with a lot of conflict and probably some characters dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
One thing that still confuses me from last season that I hope will get explained is why some of the people on the Ajira flight (Sun, Ben, and Lapidus) did not go back in time with Hurley, Jack, Sayid, and Kate. I can understand why Ben and Lapidus may not have gone back since they hadn't been on the original Oceanic flight, but then why wasn't Sun sent back to the past?
I read somewhere that Damon & Carlton claim that the reason Sun never time traveled will become obvious but may not be explicitly explained.

I've written a few blog entries about Lost:
__________________
An Old Egyptian Blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places that you must walk.
Ninja_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd 10, 05:54   #3
Alluveal
Psi Cop
 
Alluveal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Fort Collins, CO, USA
Posts: 1,643
Re: Anyone still watching Lost?

Absolutely watching it. Love the season so far!
Alluveal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd 10, 11:07   #4
Pobman
Ambassador
 
Pobman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Posts: 388
Re: Anyone still watching Lost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alluveal View Post
Absolutely watching it. Love the season so far!
Still watching it and still loving it.

I am intrigued by the alternate timelines.





*** SPOILER WARNING ****







Was annoyed by Jack smashing those mirrors. I wanted to see what Hurley would have seen! I wonder if any of the group are actually gonna replace Jacob or will it be the new person coming to the island (the name at 108 degrees is evdiently Wallace, I didn't see this but someone else told me).
Pobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd 10, 12:50   #5
Ninja_Squirrel
First One
 
Ninja_Squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Winston-Salem, NC, USA
Posts: 1,055
Re: Anyone still watching Lost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pobman View Post
Was annoyed by Jack smashing those mirrors.
Me too!!! Jack can be frustrating sometimes.

"Zathras can never have anything nice."
__________________
An Old Egyptian Blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places that you must walk.
Ninja_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd 10, 13:49   #6
B5_Obsessed
First One
 
B5_Obsessed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Orlando, FL USA
Posts: 1,938
Re: Anyone still watching Lost?

One theory on the endings is that the happy ending IS the ending but hasn't actually happened yet. In other words, these scenes are not really flashing "sideways", but are in fact flashing forward again. The battle on the island is not done yet, and when it is, they will find themselves landing in LAX.

I also like how the battle is turning out to be between two opposing forces of light and dark - both of whom are manipulating the survivors to their own purposes and neither of whom may be quite as good or as evil as they seem.
Something familiar 'bout 'dat.
B5_Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd 10, 17:08   #7
Alluveal
Psi Cop
 
Alluveal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Fort Collins, CO, USA
Posts: 1,643
Re: Anyone still watching Lost?

My theory is that one of the two dimensions is wrong and cannot survive and the LOSTies will have to somehow change it to whatever is broken in the primary universe is fixed so that the tangent universe will cease to exist. (a'la Donnie Darko)

These characters have had connections before they ever made it to the Island, and it might just be that the connections that they had and the subsequent gathering of these characters is more important than where that gathering took place. They were meant to be together and their lives were affected by their getting together, but perhaps that can happen in LA just as it did on the Island.

A couple more things on this, where is Christian’s body (i.e. is it the Artifact using Donnie Darko terminology) and what was up with Desmond on Oceanic 815? Part of me wonders if he was actually there, or is he Dr. Jack’s subconscious somehow connecting with the past/future he no longer has on the Island (i.e. is Desmond the Manipulated Dead--using Donnie Darko terminology--is Desmond “Frank the Rabbit”)? Not sure, but at the moment I’m leaning towards the LA dimension being the correct one, and the Island being the one that has to go. Could totally be off on that, of course.
Alluveal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd 10, 17:25   #8
GKarsEye
First One
 
GKarsEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 16,754
Re: Anyone still watching Lost?

Still watching, still loving it. But I gave up trying to "figure it out" a long time ago. It seems pretty obvious that the writers are bullshitting their way through a lot of it, so I'm just along for the ride but it's worthless to assume there's any rhyme or reason to any of this nonsense.
__________________
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd 10, 21:43   #9
Pobman
Ambassador
 
Pobman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Posts: 388
Re: Anyone still watching Lost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alluveal View Post
My theory is that one of the two dimensions is wrong and cannot survive and the LOSTies will have to somehow change it to whatever is broken in the primary universe is fixed so that the tangent universe will cease to exist. (a'la Donnie Darko)

These characters have had connections before they ever made it to the Island, and it might just be that the connections that they had and the subsequent gathering of these characters is more important than where that gathering took place. They were meant to be together and their lives were affected by their getting together, but perhaps that can happen in LA just as it did on the Island.

A couple more things on this, where is Christian’s body (i.e. is it the Artifact using Donnie Darko terminology) and what was up with Desmond on Oceanic 815? Part of me wonders if he was actually there, or is he Dr. Jack’s subconscious somehow connecting with the past/future he no longer has on the Island (i.e. is Desmond the Manipulated Dead--using Donnie Darko terminology--is Desmond “Frank the Rabbit”)? Not sure, but at the moment I’m leaning towards the LA dimension being the correct one, and the Island being the one that has to go. Could totally be off on that, of course.
Maybe the Losties will be shown both timelines and have to choose. While that would certainly cause some great arguments/fist fights, it would be hard to pull off satisfactorally

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKarsEye View Post
Still watching, still loving it. But I gave up trying to "figure it out" a long time ago. It seems pretty obvious that the writers are bullshitting their way through a lot of it, so I'm just along for the ride but it's worthless to assume there's any rhyme or reason to any of this nonsense.
I like pretending I'm cleverer than I am and trying to work everything out
Pobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd 10, 00:07   #10
A_Ranger
First One
 
A_Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 823
Re: Anyone still watching Lost?

Still watching and mostly loving it. As always, sometimes Lost is too confusing for its own good and at the start of a new season I always have trouble remembering what the heck is going on, even with the recaps.

I have a feeling the two timelines will cross paths somehow...

I sorta share GKar's sentiments that the writers are b.s.ing their way through, though I don't think that's entirely the case. I think they've been moving towards something all along, but didn't' have it clearly figured out so there has been some rabbits-out-the-hat stuff going on...
__________________
Gentlemen. You can't fight in there. This is the war room!
A_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2001 - 2018 B5TV.COM