B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old December 17th 09, 19:10   #51
Republibot 3.0
Psi Cop

Re: Stargate Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5_Obsessed View Post
Of course Rush deserved it, but it was still surprising that Young went through with it.

Are we sure that Carlyle has actually signed on for more episodes? They may have put the ship there to keep options open as to whether or not to bring him back (such as Kosh's recording from the ViCR). I must state, however, that the idea of Rush repairing and piloting an alien spacecraft that I believe he said was not anything from the Ancients, and then piloting said craft to catch up with the Destiny in FTL flight does strain any level of credulity.
Agreed, but there's a lot we don't know about Rush. One of the guys on my site is convinced that he's a de-ascended ancient. I don't buy that myself, but I do feel he knows far more than he's letting on. There's some reason he's so obsessed with the Destiny.
Republibot 3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th 09, 02:55   #52
B5_Obsessed
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republibot 3.0 View Post

Agreed, but there's a lot we don't know about Rush. One of the guys on my site is convinced that he's a de-ascended ancient. I don't buy that myself, but I do feel he knows far more than he's letting on. There's some reason he's so obsessed with the Destiny.
This is the part where I say that I did not watch the previous two SG shows, so any such theories are beyond me.
B5_Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th 09, 13:48   #53
Republibot 3.0
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5_Obsessed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Republibot 3.0 View Post

This is the part where I say that I did not watch the previous two SG shows, so any such theories are beyond me.
Fair Enough. That's kind of why I don't believe the theory: The failing of SG-Atlantis was that it was too closely tied to SG1. I think they're trying to make the show relatively standalone so they can rope in new viewers, and not fall prey to the Star Trek Diminishing Returns Syndrome
Old December 18th 09, 21:03   #54
Kara Baxter
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW7427 View Post
Me too. I'm like, "I can't believe they did that to Rush!!!"
MEE TOO!!!

i was like, OMG! RUSH!
Kara Baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th 10, 02:31   #55
K_Roon
Lurker

I don't know about you, but Stargate Universe is getting a lot more interesting in my opinion. The last several episodes have been excellent, and the characters are becoming a lot more dynamic.

I think just as some of the Season 1 Babylon 5 episodes show that the actors weren't used to working with one another but got a lot better as time went on, I think the characters in SGU are developing quite nicely.

In the early SGU episodes I wasn't so much a fan with this dark theme and the fact that the characters don't necessarily act in the way you'd expect them to, but I'm growing to appreciate it.

I can definitely see the Brad Wright/Robert C. Cooper influence now.
K_Roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th 10, 04:46   #56
RW7427

Universe is finally getting more interesting because they stopped have ep after ep of everyone being stuck on the ship and fighting with each other.
Old May 5th 10, 11:38   #57
Battlestar
Ranger

I totally agree. The first 10 episodes weren't very good except for a few. I haven't even bought the first Blu-Ray set yet. However this last few episodes have been very entertaining.
Battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th 10, 16:24   #58
Republibot 3.0
Psi Cop

I wouldn't say the first 10 weren't any good - # 10 was good, the time-loop one was great. I will say they had an unusually long, slow burn to set things up, but I think it's paying off now since we know the characters really well, and we're more invested in 'em.
Old May 7th 10, 16:47   #59
Battlestar
Ranger

Yeah the time loop episode was really well done. I guess the thing that I didn't like about the majority of the early eps was the communication stones were used WAY too much, its called Stargate for a reason.
Battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th 10, 23:50   #60
RW7427

I think the communication stones are just a convenient way to come up with more storylines and add a little more excitement to the show. There's only so much you can do with a group of people trapped on a ship way out in outer space.