• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Is there anyone here that hasn't seen b5?

sassy

Regular
Is there anyone here that hasn\'t seen b5?

and ALL The episodes at least ONCE???

------------------
I really don't think I am PMSing..

Re: Is there anyone here that hasn\'t seen b5?

I have missed numerous episodes, mainly from the first three seasons.

I have seen Babylon 5 on TV two times, but during the second time I did manage to tape most of the fourth and fifth season.

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

I've seen...

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>all of the episodes about 5 times now
<LI>the original version of the pilot 2 or 3 times
<LI>the producer's cut of the pilot once
<LI>In the Beginning once
[/list]

I've never seen River of Souls, A Call to Arms or Thirdspace though.

------------------
No one here is exactly what he appears.
G'Kar - Andreas Katsulas

Nothing's the same anymore.
Commander Sinclair - Michael O'Hare

Babylon 5

I saw most of the first run and all seasons in reruns but none of the movies.

------------------
"No boom to-day, boom tomorrow.
There is always a boom tomorrow."

I have seen the entire series several times, and taped the whole series twice. Also saw both versions of The Gathering and all the movies, In the Beginning, Thirdspace, River of Souls and A Call to Arms. I have set them aside for a couple of years and then I plan to watch the whole thing again.
crazy.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

I'm currently on my second run through B5, taping the episodes I missed during my first run.

I have In the Beginning and The Gathering on VHS and DVD, and A Call to Arms I taped a while back.

I've seen Thirdspace, but it's been quite a while, and I can hardly remember it.
shocked.gif

River of Souls I have yet to see, and from what I hear I'm not missing much. Still, I'd like to see it, and look forward to catching it next month on SciFi.

The only episode I haven't seen is Strange Relations. SciFi skipped it last time (my first time to see B5). I also missed the latter half of Darkness Ascending because my cable company doesn't know what they're doing.
crazy.gif

------------------
"The universe is already mad, anything else would be redundant."
BlackStar's Messageboard | blackstar@welivefortheone.b5lr.com

[This message has been edited by BlackStar (edited December 08, 2001).]

I am fairly sure that I have seen all the episodes and all the movies at least once (but never the producer's cut of the Gathering - that's why I'm really looking forward to getting the DVD!).

Most of the episodes and movies (apart from The Gathering) I've seen twice; a select few I've watched three times.

And I have every episode of S4 and S5 (starting from the last two season 3 ones) on tape. I just haven't felt like watching them again... I'd want to start over from the beginning. I'm waiting for the seasonal box sets.
laugh.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Man oh man...my first taste of B5 was in '93 when I saw The Gathering...then I started to watch the show in its original run. My local affiliate got screwy with the schedule and changed the timeslot for B5 periodically without warning, so I missed some episodes the first time around, but my friends and I caught each other up tape-swapping. Through the intolerable wait between season 3 and 4 I found myself watching Messages from Earth, Point of No Return, Severed Dreams, and all the best ep's over and over and over. Then the awful hiatus over the summer here in the US for the final four ep's of season 4 (the summer we found out Ivanova would be MIA in season 5), I again gave my tapes a good workout
wink.gif
Then I caught up on the TNT broadcasts...watched it there quite a few times in its entirety and filled the gaps in my tape collection. Then on Sci-Fi a couple times...so suffice it to say, I can't begin to count how many times I've seen the entire series. Some episodes more than others though.

Umm, I'm looking at the topic name, and I guess my answer really isn't applicable...you guys can skip this post I guess if you haven't already read it
blush.gif

------------------
-jmb

[This message has been edited by JMB1138 (edited December 09, 2001).]

To answer the question, I don't think it is likely anyone would be on this board if they hadn't seen at least part of B5.
smile.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Gosh, I'm not even sure. I watched this show on reruns completely out of order. I've seen some eps many times, but I may have missed a couple in season 2 or 3. I don't even know. Argh!

I really want to just see this show completely, in order. They should release them on DVD.
wink.gif

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

I am just now an my first full run of B5. I've seen every episode, but there's always been problems (forgot to tape the first 3 once, sattelite screwed up one night, vcr screwed the tape up...) I just now realized this is my first full run. Exciting stuff.

I didn't get to see B5 til the summer of 98, during season 5. I saw one a good deal of the season 3 and season 4 reruns, though damn TNT changed the time til before I got home from school later!!! GRRr... Oh well, Finally in the summer of 2000, with the 5am broadcast, I taped em all(well most of em. I caught up w/ the scifi broadcast)

------------------
We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it

I've seen ever episode of B5, every B5 movie, and every episode of Crusade, at least twice.

When TNT did it's first run through of B5 I taped every single episode, on High Grade VHS tape, in SP. That was when I finally got the chance to see all of B5. Prior to this, B5 was only available to me on a channel that didn't broadcast it in stereo, and their video signal left a lot to be desired as well.

Then, I bought the B5 Laserdiscs (all 33 of 'em). Wish they'd have released 27 more to complete the set.

Now, I've bought the first B5 DVD, and hopefully there will be more to come (in Season Box Sets).
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

I must admit I watched the pilot movie out of sheer desperation. Wait before you haul out the firewood and stakes and come howling after my blood let me say this. I was working at a video shop and we had one copy of the pilot. Having nothing else to watch and not knowing all that much about B5 (in actual fact I knew ding dong diddley squat!)
After the pilot I was definitely interested. several years after that we recieved the first series and I was definitely interested in what B5 had to offer. Bring on Sheridan and series two and nobody gets between my candle and the light. B5 time in my household has become sacred and nobody messes with the tv , ever!
The break between season 3 and 4 was one of the most traumatizing events of my life, walking around aimlessly. We're so far behind here in SA that I'm dreading to think how long it will take for season 5.
I was fortunate enough to see the whole of crusade, dumb enough not to record it!
wink.gif
cool.gif

------------------

I saw the original version of the pilot when it was first broadcast, but unfortunately, something happened to the tape. I watched the original PTEN run, taping favorite eps. Then I retaped, taping all the first TNT run, broadcast quality SVHS tape, three eps per tape without commercials, since BQ tapes are a bit longer, watching the TNT second run, and filling in the few I missed. Then I taped the first SCIFI run, SVHS, and then filled in the true WS versions, and watched the second SCIFI run, and then retaped a couple I missed on the third run. So, I have two sets of movies and tapes, and I've seen all ep's at least five times, and all movies at least three times. The main imperfection in my tapes is that every time SCIFI has shown Quality of Mercy and Racing Mars, they have been in mono, so only my TNT tapes of those ep's are in stereo. I hope they fix that for the DVDs!
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

------------------
You're speaking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Maid Marian
Fluently! Errol Flynn as Robin Hood
You're talking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Arabella Bishop
I trust I'm not obscure. Errol Flynn as Dr. Peter Blood

Pallindromes of the month: Snug was I, ere I saw guns.
Doom an evil deed, liven a mood.

I have to brag. I'm one of the few, the Lucky few, who managed to watch every single episode and movie the First time it was broadcast.

Unless you count the episode the local station time shifted to make room for some sort of "special event".
I had to stay up till 3:00 AM to catch their encore showing the next night.
At least it was still the same Week.
I "knew" what time the show was supposed to be on, so I didn't read the schedule.
It was the first (only?) time I've ever seen a station show an episode an hour Early.
Of course, I don't watch much TV.
crazy.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

if i remember correctly i started watching in the summer of 97. I was flipping through the channels like i normally do and i came accross this sci-fi show on tnt. I watched an episode and then caught it again maybe a week later. I'm not even sure if they were season 4 or reruns from other seasons. Eventually i got hooked and watched them almost every day. I didn't even realize they were in order i thought they were like star trek reruns which are shown in a random order. When i got to college for my first year i had to live without b5. It was hard not having it. When i got back from school the next summer i worked 3 to midnight so i had to tape the episodes and watch them when i got home. I missed a few episodes and i'm pretty sure i didn't start at the beginning. I would watch old and new season 5 shows at the same time. For some reason the next summer i sorta forgot about it cause i had seen season 5 and the final episode. It wasn't till they showed it on the sci-fi channel the second time in 2000 that i got to see it from the start. Unfortunately i missed all the shows that ran during winter break. I found someone willing to send me the episodes on tape. I still missed a few shows here and there and i think there are maybe 2 eps that i still haven't seen. A dvd set would do nicely to remedy that. That's pretty much my life story. I hope you enjoyed it.

------------------

I've seen all the episodes at least twice, some half a dozen times, and all the movies mostly only once. Much to my joy, the episodes on SciFi Monday & Tuesday this week are "War Without End" Parts I & II. These episodes are easily in my top five, and as I currently have no eps on tape and have to go to a friend's house to watch anything on cable, it'll be nice to have them around
smile.gif

------------------
Hello, I am a signature virus. Add me to the bottom of your sig and help me take over the world!

i've never watched it... ever...

or crusade... or the films...

what is b5?

wink.gif

------------------

Only thing from the B5 universe i havent seen or read yet is River of Souls. From what ive heared i didnt miss much. I just saw in the Beginning yesterday on DVD. Im glad i waited till now to watch it. Otherwise it would have spoiled a bunch

capt

------------------
DS9 and B5. Who would have thought 2 of my fav shows would take place on stations in the middle of nowhere :)

I rather liked River of Souls myself. Infinitely more than I liked Thirdspace.

And keep in mind that In the Beginning was commissioned by TNT as an intro to THE FIFTH SEASON when it moved over there.

So, it had to catch new viewers up on 4 years worth of leadin.

So, yes, it has spoilers. Nature of the critter.

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back