• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Technomages -- BOXERS OR BRIEFS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ivanova:
I was wondering two things, though. One about the Technomages and the other about everyone else in general. Okay, are all male Technomages bald? And the second question, has anyone noticed what kind of shoes Earth Force personal, Psi Corps, and various alien races wear??
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe the three male technomages in "Geometry of Shadows" weren't bald (aside from Elric, that is). The scouring process is a painful one...perhaps they don't like to shave as much. Great maker...now I'm thinking of Galen with a five o'clock shadow.
wink.gif

As to footwear...Captain Maynard ("A Distant Star") had his white boots
smile.gif
. Morden admired Sheridan's footwear ("Nice shoes.")I'd like to believe some of the Psi-cops wear those boots where the blade comes out at the tips of the shoes.
laugh.gif

------------------
"When I rise, let me rise joyful, like a bird.
When I fall, let me fall without regret, like a leaf." ~Wendell Berry

Kitsune,

Possibly. I remember watching that ep, but not if the other Technomages were bald or not. I was wondering if it was just something that went with the race of Technomages, at least for the men; I remember Isabel as to having hair.

*L* Oh, I remember Morden's comment. *chuckles* That would be something if they did.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

On the subject of bald technomages...

Many of the male, and even female technomages are in fact bald. It's not because the hair stops growing, but rather that many of them choose to keep it that way to honor tradition, and the initiation rituals that each of them go through in order to become a mage, which makes perfect sense, really, if you know what the initation process is. I won't post this big spoiler though, unless people ask for it. Let's just say that my initial reaction when reading about it in "Casting Shadows" was "OUCH!!!"

Oh, and no, they don't shave it. As someone mentioned, the scouring process is a spell (a 7-step one, to be exact) that again goes back to honoring their heritage and the customs they live by.

On the subject of shoes....

Aren't they just simple, black leather dress shoes for EarthForce? Not unlike what many militaries use?

Also, wasn't there a discussion about this a little while back on the ISN forums?

------------------
"Expect me, when you see me."

Oh, another note about Isabelle having hair. In "Path of Sorrows" where her death scene is depicted, she's shown as having hair, but in the book, she kept her head scoured, after her initiation into the order, in honor of the tradition. It's one of the few discrepencies. We (myself, and a few others) kind of just assume that, for the sake of cohesiveness and continuity, her hair in "Sorrows" is an illusion.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Derian:
Oh, another note about Isabelle having hair. In "Path of Sorrows" where her death scene is depicted, she's shown as having hair, but in the book, she kept her head scoured, after her initiation into the order, in honor of the tradition. It's one of the few discrepencies. We (myself, and a few others) kind of just assume that, for the sake of cohesiveness and continuity, her hair in "Sorrows" is an illusion.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think somewhere in CASTING SHADOWS it is mentioned that Isabelle's "hair" is an illusion. Both she and Galen were trying not to draw attention to themselves while they were on Isabelle's homeworld, looking for shadows
smile.gif

------------------
"When I rise, let me rise joyful, like a bird.
When I fall, let me fall without regret, like a leaf." ~Wendell Berry

GideonsMine-
I was thinking along the lines of a thong. In any color he wants.
LOLOL
---------------------------------------------
CURSES! YOU TOOK MY ANSWER!!!
For extra mobility I would say nothing, but they need a place to put all their gadgets... so I think they riged some kind of Thong o' pouches...
smile.gif

------------------
Don't think about it,
I can imagine a moonlit beach, with waves, and kosh playing in the water in a bathing suit. :)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I was wondering if it was just something that went with the race of Technomages<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Technomages are not a race. They are an order that draws its members from many races. Galen, Alwyn, Isabelle and Elric are all human mages. There are others from other races, including most of the ruling body, called "The Circle."

So this whole undergarments issue may be much more complicated than Sassy has allowed for. Do the Centuari, for instance, wear something akin to a vest under their street clothes? What about a Centauri technomage?
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Just to add more fuel to the fire, let's talk footwear.

Now, I know for a fact that Alwyn wears cracked and discoloured boots that aparently smell quite bad, but what about the rest of them?

------------------

Since I've not seen any technomage kids running around I assume that they don't reproduce.

This brings about a philosophical discussion about Donald Duck: he never wears pants, but when he comes out of the shower he's got a towel around...makes you wonder doesn't it

So since techomages don't reproduce, then the organs that underwear protects either atrophied or were replaces by somethong more durable...so my answer is neither

------------------
Say Zog to Kumabya
<A HREF="mailto:
kolya@softhome.net">
kolya@softhome.net</A>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OldOne:
This brings about a philosophical discussion about Donald Duck: he never wears pants, but when he comes out of the shower he's got a towel around...makes you wonder doesn't it

So since techomages don't reproduce, then the organs that underwear protects either atrophied or were replaces by somethong more durable...so my answer is neither

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Donald Duck/The Towel:
No...it doesn't make me wonder at all...and I hate to state the obvious..but I must. The towel is there simply because it's funny. It's cartoon...nothing particularly philosophical about it in particular...

Kids:
Yes..but do you recall seeing any narn children? and yet we know they reproduce.

------------------
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange it for me, Mr. Morden?"
Vir - In The Shadow of Z' HA Dum

I'd say it's all about black latex and surely they must zip and then fasten!

------------------
Gideon: I thought you said you don't hold a grudge?
Galen: I don't, I have no surviving enemies, at all.

Bwaaah! I am appaled by the caliber of conversation that goes on in here!!
I find it despicable that so many people enjoy speculating as to the underware of male technomages.

laugh.gif
Let's talk about the female technomages instead!!!
laugh.gif

------------------
2 + 2 is not 4!! This is the kinda stuff that's gonna get you started on crazy ideas like freedom and democracy. Just say no! -- Stalin Wannabe :D

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by solaris5:
laugh.gif
Let's talk about the female technomages instead!!!
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry... couldn't care less about the female technomages. Bald women just don't appeal to me.

Male technomages, on the other hand... yummy!
smile.gif

So, what's the general opinion so far? Thongs? Boxers? Something black, in any case, if any at all?

------------------
"You've misspelled this. There's no 'Y' in liberties."
"Oh, go away. Repress someone else."

[This message has been edited by Kribu (edited May 28, 2001).]

They're not ALL bald
laugh.gif

And besides, I heard somewhere that the great-great grandaughter of Jennifer Lopez is a technomage
laugh.gif

*may not be chronologically correct but, yeah, i'm too lazy to figure it out
laugh.gif

------------------
2 + 2 is not 4!! This is the kinda stuff that's gonna get you started on crazy ideas like freedom and democracy. Just say no! -- Stalin Wannabe :D

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Bald women just don't appeal to me.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know; I always thought Delenn looked kinda cute in the first season.
smile.gif

Not to mention the Centauri contingent: if Mariel, Lyndisty and especially Adira don't do anything for you, I suggest you see a doctor.
laugh.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

[This message has been edited by Joseph DeMartino (edited May 28, 2001).]

Uhm.... Technomages do infact reproduce.

Galen's parents were both technomages.
Isabelle's mother was a technomage.

They're just like any other person of their race (whichever it may be) in that respect. The implants don't change that, and the customs they live by don't either.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
Not to mention the Centauri contingent: if Mariel, Lyndisty and especially Adira don't do anything for you, I suggest you see a doctor.
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Allright, I admit they were good-looking, even though they were bald. I see I have to make a correction to my original post.
Since I just happen to be a girl myself, I just prefer men. Bald or otherwise. *Sigh*

Do I really need to see a doctor??
laugh.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
Allright, I admit they were good-looking, even though they were bald. I see I have to make a correction to my original post.
Since I just happen to be a girl myself, I just prefer men. Bald or otherwise. *Sigh*

Do I really need to see a doctor??
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, not really, but only if you beleive you don't need one.
Anyways, tell me about your childhood, did you have any tramatising experiences when you were little?
laugh.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by solaris5:

Anyways, tell me about your childhood, did you have any tramatising experiences when you were little?
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yes, all the time. *Whispers* There were bald women running around... I think I scared them off... or was it their hair that I scared off?
Can't remember... memory not working these days... must be a sign of my rather advanced age.
laugh.gif

Heh, breaking my skull about three times might have had something to do with the way things are now... there's not one, but three holes in my mind, oops, head.
laugh.gif

OK, Mr Psychoanalyst, how much do I owe you now?

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back