• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

New official Babylon 5 Website...

I'm getting August 2nd as my "estimated" arrival date. My Harry Potter book looks like it's going to be here on time.

And that must be a much harder task (delivering "The Deathly Hallows" on time, I mean). Were they stuck at the factory end (they didn't make enough copies of the DVD's?)

:( I'm sorry for whining, guys; I was just so disappointed. I guess I just didn't want to see the word August in relationship to my shipping date when I know that it originally said July 31st and I was there the very first day they accepted pre-orders. ...:eek: And I'm sure that I just blocked out the August delivery part when I ordered it. :eek: It does make sense there's no way it could have gotten to me until the first week of August.

Anyway, this is interesting: (I'm not really sure how I feel about this...)
I went back to Amazon tonight and played with the shipping options. When I changed from free shipping to standard, my mid-August shipping date suddenly went back to July 31st with a delivery date the first week in August.....

Anyway, this is interesting: (I'm not really sure how I feel about this...) I went back to Amazon tonight and played with the shipping options. When I changed from free shipping to standard, my mid-August shipping date suddenly went back to July 31st with a delivery date the first week in August.....

Seems perfectly logical to me that a commercial enterprise would place a higher priority on those customers paying for shipping, rather than those getting it for free. Otherwise, what would be the point of paying for shipping?

I'm getting August 2nd as my "estimated" arrival date. My Harry Potter book looks like it's going to be here on time.

And that must be a much harder task (delivering "The Deathly Hallows" on time, I mean). Were they stuck at the factory end (they didn't make enough copies of the DVD's?)

Harry Potter is a known large release, therefore all the hubs will be well stocked ahead of times and orders will be pulled, boxed and shipped ahead of time. This is a much smaller release, so, if you're near a big hub, in a reasonably sized city, it shouldn't be too bad, but, they certainly won't go through the effort they do for a Harry Potter release.

Seems perfectly logical to me that a commercial enterprise would place a higher priority on those customers paying for shipping, rather than those getting it for free. Otherwise, what would be the point of paying for shipping?

:( I know....and I honestly do understand that. I guess that I was working off the premise that changes to my shipping date were made after they realized that they couldn't fill all the pre-orders... So, I guess that means they're not short anymore? Good news for everybody!:D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back