• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Rating

fisheggs

Regular
Congratulaions to the first to use rating :D I'd thought about it for a while but never got around to trying it, visions of "Green", "Purple" kept dancing in my head. :D Now the genie's out of the bottle, what do you all think of "rating" of threads? :devil:

It might be a good idea, when many threads have accumulated ratings, since a casual visitor can sort on ratings in the list of threads, and get "the best of the site".

Unfortunately, the rating system is based on people's personal preferences, so will not necessarily show the 'best of the site'.

I'm not particually interested in ratings. I usually pick thread titles that look interesting to me.

I'll probably only rate threads that I started and give them as many stars as you can. :LOL:

I won't object if you remove it. As I said, it only comes in handy if there's a significant portion of rated threads.

HERE, Here. I'm always been opposed to the arbitray rating thing. Let the flame (based upon recent posting activity?) guide the really hot topics.

If Antony wanted to blow up the rating system and deal with that annoying one star over on my "Tale of KoshFan" thread... well, let's just say I'd owe him a favor, eh?

HERE, Here.

grammartime.jpg
It's "Hear! Hear!".

* Perhaps not grammar, but use of common expressions. (See "language fascist". )

LOL. Is it referring to hearing? I thought it was referring to pointing like "Yea, this one over here".

Thank you Grammar Nazi :)

If Antony wanted to blow up the rating system and deal with that annoying one star over on my "Tale of KoshFan" thread... well, let's just say I'd owe him a favor, eh?

:D :D :D :D ;)

As I said, "Purple! Green!" :D How many times can one rate a thread? I wonder. :cool:

Back