• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

WHV DVD Chat (Monday, March 8)

drakh13

For those that are interested, the Home Theater Forum will be moderating a live chat with Warner Home Video on Monday, March 8th. This seems like a good opportunity to ask some questions about the remaining Babylon 5 DVD sets. I can think of a few questions that I'd like answered for both the Crusade and TV Movies boxsets:

<ul type="square">
[*]What are the release dates?
[*]What extras do they have planned for the sets?
[*]Will the unfilmed Crusade scripts be included in the Crusade boxset?
[*]Will the original version of The Gathering be included in the TV Movie boxset?
[/list]

That's all I can think of right now. :)

Will they do anything about the poor quality of the B5 dvd sets so we don't have to deal with loose discs getting scratched?

I hope somebody posts a transcript here (B5 universe related portions) when it becomes available. :)

This is a good chance to let them know how much we care. If it turns into a B5 dominated chat... hehehe... they make take a little more notice. Every bit counts!

Of course, adhere to all of the typical "politeness" rules.

-Tim

The two most burning issues for me are;
1) Quality control of the packaging scratching so many customers discs.
2) Why such a large delay before the release of R2 sets?

2) Why such a large delay before the release of R2 sets?

The Chat is going to be with reps from Warner Home Video, Inc. (U.S.) in Burbank, California. They almost certainly won't have any information at all about overseas releases, which are the responsibility of local Warner Bros. companies in those regions or countries.

Regards,

Joe

Just thought "Head Office" might know something Joe.
(Or at least, should be made aware that there are disgruntled WB fans outside the US)

Just thought "Head Office" might know something Joe.
(Or at least, should be made aware that there are disgruntled WB fans outside the US)

Ordinarily you'd be right, but the way Warner Bros. is structured there is no single "Head Office" responsible for DVD releases worldwide. Whichever Warner Bros. company, division or other entity releases DVDs in the U.K. does not report to "Warner Home Video, Inc." in Burbank, but to some U.K. or European regional unit, which in turn might report directly to Time-Warner in New York. WHV is strictly responsible for VHS and DVD releases in North America.

Strange, but true.

I'd be astonished if Doug Wadleigh or any of the WHV people likely to participate in the chat had any idea when the U.K. releases would be happening, or even know who to ask about such things.

Regards,

Joe

You planning on asking them anything? Regarding B5 and WHV, all we've got coming up are Season 5 (for which we know the details), the Crusade set, the movie set, and the TLaDiS release. I guess we could have him confirm the stuff that JMS has already told us, but I doubt he'll have any details on the Crusade and B5 movie releases.

Now if the chat was with Warner Brothers Domestic Television Distribution, we'd have some real burning questions for them.

Back