• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

X3 news

Heh, I guess that probably means her character in Lost isn't one of the regulars who is going to be killed off anytime soon then. :p

Now that I can live with. :cool:

Just to liven the thread up a bit, this is what we'll be missing in X3:

ggmaggiegrace_gallery__374x550.jpg

4101902151078.jpg

The new director apparently made some comment of "She's too old to be playing Kitty Pride" or something like that. She is The Fog with Selma Blair.

I personally actually never heard Maggie grace was actually confirmed to be in X3. I heard she ws rumored, but, never heard a confirmation, until this came out last week.

It doesn't make sense for LOST to kill her off. The have a dramafest available for her character. She just lost Boone and has unresolved feelings, most likely. Some folks like to think she pregnant with Boone's baby (That would surely be dramatic, LOL). She just got Vincent (And we all know Vincent is the one with the powers, not Walt ;) )

Seriously though, with the Boone storyline, and her character previously being so useless and shallow, Shannon is at a perfect place for the writers to drastically change her character. Charcters like her in a well written drama are very often much different when a show progresses, then they are when a show ends..

Here's some REALLY scary X3 news I got off IMDB. Doesn't mean its true, and I hope its not, but lets face it: Anytime someone comes in and takes the place of a successful director, they want to change stuff to make it different, so this isn't exactly beyond the realm of the believable. Maybe this movie won't turn out so good afterall.....

Ratner Spices Up 'X-Men'
Brett Ratner is spicing up the new X-Men 3 movie with the addition of his very own fantasy - a sex siren mutant who seduces her opponents rather than battles them. Ratner takes over from departing director Bryan Singer, who made the first two movies, and the Rush Hour film maker is determined to leave his mark on the comic book series. The new mutant has not yet been cast but unknowns Kate Nauta and Aya Sumika will reportedly audition. A source tells Pagesix.com the mutant will be, "An unbelievably hot and sexy hooker. Her super power is that she secretes a pheromone that helps her to seduce men. She can seduce anyone." The source adds of the auditions, "They are open to all ethnicities who are in their early-to-mid 20s."

Imdb isn't the most reliable source.

As for the rumor, I guess since the idea worked so damn well in Batman Forever they just had to repeat it.

Actually, there WAS a mutant hooker type written into the storylines at one time. Her name was Stacy-X, and she was a temporary member of the X-Men team led by Archangel.

That being said, I'd rather see just about anybody else from the X-Men's history make an appearance instead of such a forgettable character... hopefully she'll have a minor role.

I would like to see Angel put into the series since he was one of the original members.

Also I've read that scripts are being written for a stand alone Wolverine movie that might or might not be produced by Hugh Jackman and a Magneto prequel. While the scripts are being commissioned, it does not mean a film will be made but we'll see.

I have little expectations for X3, given that it's lost its visionary filmmaker and now has gone through several scripts and rewrites and screenwriters and directors. Not to mention, Rattner is not exactly a visionary director, he's technically sufficient at best.

The X-Men franchise is about to begin its slow demise, like the first Batman franchise before it.

CE

Beast is interesting. Dunno ... he's not as catlike as I thought he might turn out, which is good. We'll have to see.

Thanks for the links, Pobman.

I notice a caption said "while a fourth X-men movie is unlikely" or something to that effect.

They haven't even finished filming this one, and they are already resigned to it being the last? :confused: Any idea why?

I can't help but to feel a little ho-hum about this third one. I'm not quite sure why. Beast doesn't look too bad; thank God they didn't make him look like the giant upright walking cat that I last saw him as in the current comics (secondary evolution MY ASS!). And Wolverine and Storm are tired, as far as I'm concerned. I like the character of Storm, but I haven't been thrilled with how she's been produced on film. As for Wolverine, well, with how much guys seem to goo and caw over him making him so popular, one'd think there's a huge line of straight men turning gay over him or something. He's just so overdone.

I'd put it down to the lack of Brian Singer myself. I will see it but with less enthusiasm than the others. That and the law of diminishing returns in superhero flicks (Superman 3+ 4, Batman 3+4, Blade 3....)

Beast looks great, but there are too many mutants already. We need 4-5 core characters for a movie like this, look at how the Trek films suffered on screen with a big cast...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back