• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

'Firefly' on 'Sci-Fi'

Sinclair

\'Firefly\' on \'Sci-Fi\'

The Sci-Fi Channel will be airing all of the Firefly episodes this summer, including some that never aired.

I've never seen the show but I know a lot of you have, so I thought you may want to try catching it.

Re: \'Firefly\' on \'Sci-Fi\'

I've got it on my netflix queue but I guess if they're showing previously unaired eps it's worth recording it.

Showtimes?

Well, the Friday Block of SciFi (SG1, Atlantis, and BSG) starts the new season in Mid July, I think. This past year, they had SG-1 and/or Andromeda reruns prior the Friday night block, so I'm wondering if it's gonna be Friday at 7pm? 13 episodes, right? So, that would work to give them a 4 hour block of new stuff on Fridays, until the first round of Reruns. I think Scifi goes into reruns after 12 or 13 episodes, typically.
(All conjecture, BTW)

AFIK they are hyping the "unaired episodes" thing a bit much, as they can't show any more eps than the DVD set, which also has "unaired episodes". If you haven't seen Firefly, by all means watch!! It is wonderful. Does anyone know what order they are going to show the series? Not to rehash too much (there are threads and threads and threads!! on the issue) but hopefully they will show the pilot FIRST instead of last as FOX did. If you have/have seen the DVD set you have seen all there is, don't expect a "new" episode, there aren't any. :rolleyes:

If they pick it up for more seasons, I may have a reason to watch sci-fi channel again.

It's unlikely that there will be a new show. Movies are much more probable, especially (hint hint) if the feature film emerging in September does well.

If they pick it up for more seasons, I may have a reason to watch sci-fi channel again.

The Sci-Fi Channel.... pick it up for more seasons??? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If they didn't pick Crusade up for more seasons at $1Million/ep., the odds of them picking up Firefly at $2 Million/ep. are non-existent. Firefly, like Crusade is/was strictly rerunville for Skiffy.

The Sci-Fi Channel is where good shows that were cancelled prematurely, go to be aired for awhile with ZERO hope of continuation.

Didn't they pick up Stargate? And some other shows?

If the movie does well, they'll be fools not to resurrect it. I'm sick of seeing Hammerhead VS Giant Sea Bass type crappy movies every day (or SG ver. 12333 on 20 hours a day of their programming.) This would liven things up a bit. Then again, I'm sure there are people out there who go for the "Jive Turkeys from Outerspace meet Mothra's lovechild" type movies.

I cut the cabilicle cord several years ago and though I miss "The Daily Show" on ComedyCentral and HGTV :D, I dont miss Sci-Fi even though it was once one of the main reasons I had cable in the first place. Anything good will come out on DVD so I can watch a better picture and hear better sound and have no commercials, only the breaks that I schedule! ;) And i get spared the pain of really liking a show, making time to watch, only to have it "rescheduled" to way past my bedtime or (as in the case of B5) setting the VCR to record and OOPS, wrong show. And if it has a interesting storyline, then of course it's cancelled. Usually just as several plotlines begin to converge, can't let the viewer see the end of the story! URGHHHH. One reason I haven't watched "Lost" though I follow the thread.

Stargate SG-1 from Showtime, yes, but that's the only one I'm aware of.

If the movie does well, they'll be fools not to resurrect it.

Well, there you go. They'll be fools. .... Really, it's a matter of money, and them not having much of it after spending on Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica (2003+) and 20 or 30 Z-Movies.

I'm sick of seeing Hammerhead VS Giant Sea Bass type crappy movies every day (or SG ver. 12333 on 20 hours a day of their programming.) This would liven things up a bit. Then again, I'm sure there are people out there who go for the "Jive Turkeys from Outerspace meet Mothra's lovechild" type movies.

I'd rather they go for Crusade at half the price per episode of Firefly.

I cut the cabilicle cord several years ago and though I miss "The Daily Show" on ComedyCentral and HGTV :D, I dont miss Sci-Fi even though it was once one of the main reasons I had cable in the first place. Anything good will come out on DVD so I can watch a better picture and hear better sound and have no commercials, only the breaks that I schedule! ;) And i get spared the pain of really liking a show, making time to watch, only to have it "rescheduled" to way past my bedtime or (as in the case of B5) setting the VCR to record and OOPS, wrong show. And if it has a interesting storyline, then of course it's cancelled. Usually just as several plotlines begin to converge, can't let the viewer see the end of the story! URGHHHH. One reason I haven't watched "Lost" though I follow the thread.

Amen, brother. TV on DVD is the best.

And I'm sure you can find a way to download Daily Show.

Stargate SG-1 from Showtime, yes, but that's the only one I'm aware of.
But Stargate hadn't been off the air for 2 years. From a production standpoint, it was never actually gone. It was just like any other hiatus between seasons. Restarting a show is a much more expensive proposition when you have to start building your sets and props etc. from scratch instead of pulling things back out of storage.

Plus, Stargate is the only show that stayed afloat after being renewed by Scifi Channel. For some reason they picked up Andromeda and restarted it, but, it's gone now.

Great, there goes my Friday nights. :rolleyes: :p

Ever so slightly off-topic, but perhaps not new-thread-worthy. Joss Whedon did a little introduction to the sneak previews of the movie, and it's worth reading:

Hi, my name is Joss Whedon. Before we begin the special screening, I have a little story I want to tell you. It's about a TV show called Firefly.

Firefly went on the air a few years ago and was instantly hailed by critics as one of the most canceled shows of the year. It was ignored and abandoned and the story should end there, but it doesn't, because the people who made the show and the people who saw the show (which is...roughly...the same number of people) fell in love with it a little bit...too much to let it go, too much to lay down arms when the battle looked pretty much lost. In Hollywood, people like that are called 'unrealistic' ... 'quixotic' ... 'obsessive'.

In my world, they're called 'Browncoats'.

Whether you've watched the show, or saw the DVD's, or whether you've never set foot in the Firefly universe before tonight, the fact that you're here means that you are part of something...something that is a little bit remarkable. This movie should not exist. Failed TV shows don't get made into major motion pictures unless the creator, the cast, and the fans believe beyond reason.

It's what I've felt. It's what I've seen...in the DVD sales, the booths at the cons run by fans, the websites, the fundraisers... all the work the fans have done to help make this movie. It is, in an unprecedented sense, your movie...which means, if it sucks, it's your fault. You let us down, but let's not dwell on your failures because the work is not done.

I have to finish making it. Obviously not quite the final cut and you will notice some placeholders in music and effects, but we're very close. Once we are finished, we have to get people to see it. Now, obviously the studio is going to do their thing. There will be ads and trailers and all that joy, but this movie doesn't have stars and it doesn't have a giant mega-budget or even a simple salable premise. What it has is us, the people who believed unreasonably.

If this movie matters to you, let somebody know. Let everybody know. Make yourselves heard. If you don't like the movie, this is a time for quiet, silent contemplation. But, when the unfinished credits roll, if you still call yourself a Browncoat, remember the millions of people who don't...who might.

I want us to do this together. The cast is going to be appearing wherever they can. I'm going to be blogging and stumping and whatever I can think of. We've got Can'tStopTheSignal.com up and running...I'm fairly certain. We're all doing everything we can to make this the event that it should be.

Just remember, they tried to kill us...they did kill us...and here we are. We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. Thank you for helping to get this movie as far as it has gotten.

Welcome to Serenity.

I love Joss Whedon's letters or episodic commentaries or anything similar. He's quite clever in his wording... and fun!

Back