• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Shoot me now.

Triple F

Regular
This is going to read as some kind of shameless plug, but that can’t be helped.

If you liked the B5Scrolls site, and *if* you have a facebook account can you ‘like’ this thing.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Babylon-5-Some-behind-the-scenes-stuff/178490865572648

I only recently joined facebook, and I never thought I’d read myself writing that, and the other day started posting messages.

Web sites go off line for any number of reasons, and the information they contain can get lost or forgotten as a result. As most of the content comes from some of the artists who worked on the show, I felt it would be a shame if it all disappeared like a fart in the wind when the inevitable happens to B5Scrolls – which is why the whole thing is available to download.

Thing is. Forums like here are a great way to let folks know about that, but this thread will quite quickly drop off the first page of the forum, so most people who might enjoy the content will never see this.

The idea behind the asking for the facebook ‘like’ is not some self promotion dip shit, but to let more folk know the site (or to be more accurate, the information / images on it) exists and is downloadable. The bottom line seems to be that the more ‘likes’ it has the more likely a facebook search on “Babylon 5” will return that page. I don’t think a google search on “Babylon 5” will ever return something like B5Scrolls, even though two sites currently host it.

This is (genuinely) embarrassing as hell to ask, but . . . . .

Thanks to those that risked visiting facebook to “like” the site (you know who you are ; ), the numbers up to 300 and there’s been over 100 new downloads so obviously new fans of the show have found the thing – and the information it contains.

Which, at the end of the day, was the whole point of making a tit of myself by doing this.

ArtSamp.jpg

Or maybe it's just the pile of production concept art.
(A small sample for anyone who ain't seen it yet and are curious. ; )

Cheers.
(BTW. That new timeline format over on facebook is a frakin nightmare to work with - twitchy as hell)

Last edited:
This is going to read as some kind of shameless plug, but that can’t be helped.

If you liked the B5Scrolls site, and *if* you have a facebook account can you ‘like’ this thing.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Babylon-5-Some-behind-the-scenes-stuff/178490865572648

I only recently joined facebook, and I never thought I’d read myself writing that, and the other day started posting messages.

Web sites go off line for any number of reasons, and the information they contain can get lost or forgotten as a result. As most of the content comes from some of the artists who worked on the show, I felt it would be a shame if it all disappeared like a fart in the wind when the inevitable happens to B5Scrolls – which is why the whole thing is available to download.

Thing is. Forums like here are a great way to let folks know about that, but this thread will quite quickly drop off the first page of the forum, so most people who might enjoy the content will never see this.

The idea behind the asking for the facebook ‘like’ is not some self promotion dip shit, but to let more folk know the site (or to be more accurate, the information / images on it) exists and is downloadable. The bottom line seems to be that the more ‘likes’ it has the more likely a facebook search on “Babylon 5” will return that page. I don’t think a google search on “Babylon 5” will ever return something like B5Scrolls, even though two sites currently host it.

This is (genuinely) embarrassing as hell to ask, but . . . . .

Did you watch the March 29th episode of "Person of Interest" ? ;)

Not a clue what that is, but I'm guessing it ain't complimentary. ; )

The sites had 11 more likes since posting the above, which is all that really matters. Once it gets to 500, if it gets to 500, I'll be a happy bunny.

It's weird, it kind of snuck up on me while putting the site together, but given the "trust" if that's the right word, which the contributors showed by talking to me, I don't want the information *they* provided to disappear like a fart in the wind when the site goes belly up - there's virtually no online information about what they did on the show - and to be brutally frank the success of the show - kind of shocking in one sense given it's (and their) ground breaking contributions to the development of televsion programs. Wanting to just drop the thing completely (the sensible decision and the one I'd normally take) has created a kind of internal conflict for me. It's REALLY fucking annoying actually. ; )

As most B5 fans who know about the thing don’t seem interesting in letting other B5 fans know the resource exists I’m kind of stuck with the chore. One I genuinely didn’t expect. It’s perplexing, as well as embarrassing (as I do *fully* appreciate it looks like some sad self promotion), since there’s a real thirst for information by the fans, and nothing new has come out in years!! At least nothing that you don’t have to pay 30, 40 and now 60 bucks for. Oh well.

(BTW I can touch type, can’t spell or construct a sentence for shit though, so long posts ain’t ranting, just communicating ;)

Last edited:
Looks like all that spamming might have paid off. ; )

The best bit, from my point of view, is the number on there only represents a fraction of those who now have a copy of the thing. Which is kinda cool. It’s nice to know the info won’t just dissapear now when the site does.

http://www.facebook.com/B5Scrolls

Back