B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old October 16th 07, 01:28   #21
Jade Jaguar
First One

Re: Completed The Series

I have always believed that when Lorien said Sheridan would "just stop," he meant his physical body, and this was not a comment on what would become of his spirit/soul/essence.

From when first I saw it, I have believed that when the "glow" took place, Lorien took Sheridan, and his essence/life force into himself, where he could sustain Sheridan, although not in physical form, for as long as he, Lorien, remained alive. I assumed Lorien then returned to "beyond the rim."

I think that is the most likely and plausible explanation, but I realize that'as just my opinion, and other interpretations may be equally valid.
Benjamin Franklin 1775

"I know that the hypnotized never lie... Do ya?"
Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th 07, 06:01   #22
jnk5y
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar View Post
I have always believed that when Lorien said Sheridan would "just stop," he meant his physical body, and this was not a comment on what would become of his spirit/soul/essence.

From when first I saw it, I have believed that when the "glow" took place, Lorien took Sheridan, and his essence/life force into himself, where he could sustain Sheridan, although not in physical form, for as long as he, Lorien, remained alive. I assumed Lorien then returned to "beyond the rim."

I think that is the most likely and plausible explanation, but I realize that'as just my opinion, and other interpretations may be equally valid.
That's an interesting thought JJ. Similar to the Soul Hunters and their collections, Lorien could be taking Sheridan's "soul" with him. Lorien probably wants someone a little more interesting to talk to while traveling past the rim. I'm sure Vorlons and Shadows are horrible conversationalists. If Soul Hunters can do it why can't The First One.
jnk5y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th 07, 09:11   #23
Jade Jaguar
First One

Well, some similarity, perhaps. But, I don't imagine Lorien was "collecting" Sheridan, more that he was keeping a good friend very close...
Benjamin Franklin 1775

Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Old October 17th 07, 12:53   #24
mattikake
Ranger

So you say Sheridan was 'absorbed' into a larger entity? That's perverse!

Even worse when Sheridan was clearly prepared and knew of this fate. Maybe he was more Lorien than Sheridan when he 'died' in SiL anyway? But while entities can join in B5 they don't merge as one, they keep their individuality - like when the Vorlons join with someone.

I prefer the evolved idea. At least you know in the B5-universe it is possible after what happened to Ironheart.
mattikake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th 07, 16:28   #25
RW7427

Sheridan...Ironheart part 2?
Old October 18th 07, 06:10   #26
Jade Jaguar
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattikake View Post
So you say Sheridan was 'absorbed' into a larger entity? That's perverse!

Even worse when Sheridan was clearly prepared and knew of this fate. Maybe he was more Lorien than Sheridan when he 'died' in SiL anyway? But while entities can join in B5 they don't merge as one, they keep their individuality - like when the Vorlons join with someone.
Actually, I didn't mean that Sheridan was absorbed in the sense that he no longer existed as an individual consciousness. I did mean precisely that he kept his individuality, just like when a Vorlon joins with someone. I see that as the only way Lorien could preserve him. The only other alternative I see is that Lorien was able to push Sheridan's evolution to the point where he gained first one status, rather than dying. But, I think that less plausible.
Benjamin Franklin 1775

Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Old October 18th 07, 13:01   #27
mattikake
Ranger

Quote:
The only other alternative I see is that Lorien was able to push Sheridan's evolution to the point where he gained first one status, rather than dying. But, I think that less plausible.
That's exactly what I'm saying happened and I also say it is plausible to accelerate evolution this way in the B5 universe, as this is what happened to Ironheart.

Afterall he was worthy of first one status, given that he was able to teach the Shadows and Vorlons a thing or two about the big picture, and then lead the rest of the galaxy in a way the Shadows and Vorlons were apparently incapable... I think all Lorien and Kosh did was make Sheridan aware that he had what it takes, as he always had it yet most was just instinct or common sense to Sheridan, than conscious awareness.

As an aside, anyone know why Kosh took an immediate interest in Sheridan in series 2? Or was he just putting it altogether after immediately realising who Sinclair was? I.e. If Sinclair is Valen, then Sheridan must be the other third of 'the one' given his current position, or was there some other greater knowledge to it?
mattikake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th 07, 06:28   #28
Jade Jaguar
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattikake View Post
As an aside, anyone know why Kosh took an immediate interest in Sheridan in series 2?
Well,... because Sheridan was the first one to 'drop in' on him, for many millennia...
Benjamin Franklin 1775

Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Old October 27th 07, 22:23   #29
Kaz

I'm new to this site but I've only recently 'discovered' Babylon 5, via my dad's collection hidden away on a shelf.
I've just finished watching 'Sleeping in the Light' and........wow is the only word that comes to mind. It was fitting, somber, yet......somehow it was also striking all at once.
Old October 28th 07, 01:10   #30
Jade Jaguar
First One

Quote:
Well,... because Sheridan was the first one to 'drop in' on him, for many millennia...
Hmmm... where was my head at here... clearly "Kosh" was written, but I responded thinking Lorien. I have no explanation, just apology...
Benjamin Franklin 1775

Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER