• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

"do not kill the one who is already dead" niggle

Hello... welcome aboard.

Thank you :)

Maybe the script was originally meant to say something like:

"you have a threefold opportunity to find redemption" not three separate chances.

That would then sew up things pretty nicely... dontcha think?

That might be. Still, I think there is the possibility that for Londo's redemption only the acceptance of the Keeper was essential, and that by saving G'Kar and Sheridan, and thus generating a chance to save his world, he went the extra mile.

But for this to say, I'd need to understand the significance and the deeper meaning of the Keeper. And as yet, I'm at a loss on this.

I still don't understand why people think that Londo's not killing Morden would somehow have redeemed Londo. Killing Londo isn't wheal sealed Centauri Prime's fate, either, it was the blowing up of the Southern Continent. And if Londo hadn't done that (and fate stepped in), I hardly see him coming out being, in any way, redeemed.

:confused:

It's about how Londo looked at the world, I think... Morden hurt him, so he had Morden killed (and in no small part for highly personal reasons, specifically what Morden did to Adira). If he had not taken his vengeance, and restrained his personal desires -- while still driving the Shadows off of the planet -- it might have done him good.

Incidentally, the "eye that does not see" is G'Kar's because JMS said something about how G'Kar's eye did not see Cartagia's glory. That one's pretty clear.

The fire at the end of his life and redemption must in some way refer to Londo's soul.

I agree. I could imagine that this could have somehow occurred without G'Kar and Sheridan being saved.

KoshFan said:
Incidentally, the "eye that does not see" is G'Kar's because JMS said something about how G'Kar's eye did not see Cartagia's glory. That one's pretty clear.

Cartagia's glory? That is odd. Do you have the exact quote?

Cartagia's glory? That is odd. Do you have the exact quote?

From the Lurker's guide page for 'Falling toward Apotheosis':
Why didn't Londo try to save G'Kar's eye?
Yeah...would've been nice if Londo had at least tried to do something about the eye that did not see Cartagia's splendor....

Jan

^^ok, thank you.

Well, I still don't think that necessarily means Lady Morella's prophecy refers to G'Kar's eye literally (rather than G'Kar himself). But maybe this is splitting hairs, either way, G'Kar is the one, obviously :)

The point you have to remember is it's a Centauri prophecy, not a general B5 one. So it has to been read/understood from the Centauri perspective.

In another forum someone mentioned that the Morella prophecies are explained in the Centauri Trilogy by Peter David. According to this poster, "the eye that does not see" refers to the Keeper, which looks like an eye and which Londo tried to destroy, thereby harming his people, and Londo's greatest fear was dying at the hands of G'Kar.

Since I haven't read the trilogy, can someone confirm that the prophecy is explained that way in it?

In another forum someone mentioned that the Morella prophecies are explained in the Centauri Trilogy by Peter David. According to this poster, "the eye that does not see" refers to the Keeper, which looks like an eye and which Londo tried to destroy, thereby harming his people, and Londo's greatest fear was dying at the hands of G'Kar.

Since I haven't read the trilogy, can someone confirm that the prophecy is explained that way in it?

I've read the trilogy, twice, so far:D. No, the prophesy's are not explained that way. :rolleyes:

:beer::beer::beer:

Latest posts

Members online

Back