• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Does anyone watch Jericho?

I Can't Believe I just did this.

I went and signed the petition - for all the good it will do.

NZ is in the middle of screening "Jericho" at the moment. I never planned on watching it - I only started because it came right after "CSI:LV" and hadn't gotten around to turning the telly off. But I have become hooked.

Sifting through all of that crap to find the few people with talent, would be a job that I would absolutely HATE to do. It'd be torture. I feel sorry for the people who have to listen to that every day as their job, including Simon.

Well, since it was actually Simon Cowell's baby (starting with Pop Idol here in the UK), I don't have that much sympathy for him having to sit through the crap. And for me, the one and only thing resembling entertainment in that type of show is those entrants who really, really cannot sing but still think they have the chance of getting through an audition.

That's a special kind of deluded.

Well I just signed the petition and I was number 40401, so the list is growing fast. It seems that all good shows just aren't wanted on commercial TV.

Well I just signed the petition and I was number 40401, so the list is growing fast. It seems that all good shows just aren't wanted on commercial TV.

Well, even though I don't believe in petitions at all, what the hell. What could it hurt? I was #41627.

I walked out on the pilot of Jericho at Comic Con, I thought it was lousy. I feel slightly validated now it's been canned. :) I also loved Heroes, and that's doing well.

I'm a pretty good judge.

I walked out on the pilot of Jericho at Comic Con, I thought it was lousy. I feel slightly validated now it's been canned. :) I also loved Heroes, and that's doing well.

I'm a pretty good judge.

Jericho was a big hit that was killed by an ill-conceived several month hiatus that severely damaged the ratings of every show that tried it and then a return to the air up against the AI juggernaught. The sad part is as solid as the show was before the hiatus when it was doing well, it was 10 times better after it came back - but CBS had already killed it by then.

So, unless you walked out of the pilot because you foresaw CBS' terrible mishandling of it I wouldn't tire your arm out patting yourself on the back...

Good to see you gave it 15 minutes chance though. I can't imagine the greatness I would've missed out on had I given B5 (and the awful first 15 minutes of The Gathering) the same kind of short rope.

Oh, and I agree with almost everything Kosh said. Do networks really not understand the bitterness they're creating towards themselves from their consumers? There was an article recently on AVS about how network TV ratings as a whole have dropped drastically the last few years as if it was some surprise. That's what friggin happens when you create this kind of bad blood with your viewers and leave shows hanging, don't give them a fair shot, and refuse to even give them any sort of time to wrap everything up to at least half-appease the viewers.

Last edited:
A glimmer of hope?

Below is a statement from CBS Entertainment:

To the fans of Jericho:

We have read your emails over the past few days and have been touched by the depth and passion with which you have expressed your disappointment. Please know that canceling a television series is a very difficult decision. Hundreds of people at the Network, the production company and the incredibly-talented creative team worked very hard to build and serve the community for this show -- both on-air and online. It is a show we loved too.

Thank you for supporting Jericho with such passion. We truly appreciate the commitment you made to the series and we are humbled by your disappointment. In the coming weeks, we hope to develop a way to provide closure to the compelling drama that was the Jericho story.

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment

At least they provided a response, which has to be positive ... even if nothing ultimately comes of it for Jericho. To survive TV companies need to be more reponsive to their audience as well as their advertisers.

Jericho was a show that grew slowly for me. The pilot didn't blow me away at all. It wasn't until about 4-5 episodes in that I really started to like it, and as was mentioned above, it was after its hiatus where it really started to shine.

A glimmer of hope?

I bet 99% of that was to appease those who are so PO'd at CBS that they might quit watching the network, or badmouth the network to others.

Nina Tassler said:
In the coming weeks, we hope to develop a way to provide closure to the compelling drama that was the Jericho story.

I'll believe that when I see something on the screen.

So Jericho wasn't on this last Wednesday, is it slated to be on this coming Wednesday? We haven't seen the Season finale yet, have we?

I wasn't under the impression that the episode in which Johnston was killed was the season finale. I thought there was going to be one more episode that would be the season finale, so I was surprised that it wasn't on this past Wednesday.

I was saddened to hear of its cancellation too. Like Recoil, the show slowly grew on me and it had gotten better after the hiatus. At least they're considering doing something to provide closure for the series.

I'm an idiot. There was the season finale, which was on May 9th. My TiVo recorded it while I was out of town...I just haven't seen it yet. :)

At least they're considering doing something to provide closure for the series.
ABC said the same thing when they cancelled "Invasion." That was a year ago, and nothing has been done. The actors have all moved on to other TV shows & projects.

It's just a line they feed people to quell the uprisings. I'll happily eat my words if they do a Jericho follow-up, but I won't believe a word until I see it on my TV.

ABC said the same thing when they cancelled "Invasion." That was a year ago, and nothing has been done. The actors have all moved on to other TV shows & projects.

It's just a line they feed people to quell the uprisings. I'll happily eat my words if they do a Jericho follow-up, but I won't believe a word until I see it on my TV.

I'm with you, Hair. Talk is cheap, and I think Nina's all talk.

Yeah but that will do.... what? 15,000lbs is two or three dumpsters. They'll chuck it and go on about their business.

Yeah but that will do.... what? 15,000lbs is two or three dumpsters. They'll chuck it and go on about their business.

At least they should get the message that the Jericho fans think they're NUTS, but undoubtedly they think the Jericho fans are NUTS, too.

<to the tune of a drunken Londo saying "Everybody's cute."> Everybody's NUTS. Everybody's NUTS. ...but in purple, we B5ers are stunning. ;)

Well, 15,000 lbs is only the beginning, and it ties into the show, apparently as during the finale or maybe the previous show there was apparently something about nuts. It's basically an annoyance and letting the execs know that peple are interested in seeing the show continue, and definitely that something that will ring a bell for them. The Hot sauce got an extra season for Roswell for the fans.

Back