• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 - Model

StarStuff

Regular
While shopping in the A.&P. today, I nearly fell over when I saw two B5 Space Station models in large boxes for around $17 each.

This is the only B5 merchandise I've seen in a long time.

------------------
God be between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

WOW! The only B5 stations I've seen was on E-bay for $200. So, what and where is A.@P.?

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

They are NOT $200 on Ebay.
I've got a spare one to sell.

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say.
This was one. No.... *tsk tsk*
No. Not good.
Not supposed to mention... "one", or... THE one.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

You're right B5_Obsessed. Too bad. I had fun thinking about how I'd spend my $400.

E-bay recently sold a pewter hand-carved B5 model for $40.95. But they have a number of models, like the two I saw, up for bid starting at $9.99 with no takers. Oh well . . .

------------------

Indeed, Elizar, $200 is about ten times what the model is worth. I recently acquired the Revell-Monogram Babylon 5 Station, unlimited edition Starfury MK-1 and the Special Edition Starfury MK-1 for $40. Admittedly this was a great deal, and may not happen much, but I think that on average you should not pay more than $20-$25 for the station itself.

Was the $200 version signed by the cast or something? Perhaps it was a resin kit, and not injection plastic (like the Revell Kit). A hand sculpted and reproduced resin kit could go for two hundred. . . but I haven't seen many offered.

While were touching on models, does anyone have any information on WARP, the model creating arm of Comet Miniatures? They have promised on their website a 15" resin Agamemnon by December 2001. I haven't seen any news, and while delays are expected I was wondering if anyone had any info on a possible release.

Radar

Radar

------------------
"The avalanche has already begun. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

All these models sound great. That $200 one was made of puter. That was the only station that I knew they made, untill I seen these posts.

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by StarStuff:

You're right B5_Obsessed. Too bad. I had fun thinking about how I'd spend my $400.

E-bay recently sold a pewter hand-carved B5 model for $40.95. But they have a number of models, like the two I saw, up for bid starting at $9.99 with no takers. Oh well . . .

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Rawcliffe pewter models? I have two Rawcliffe pewter B5 objects:

The Whitestar (mounted on a base that has an image of post-Chrysalis Delenn)

and

Kosh Naranek (of course).
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by StarStuff:

While shopping in the A.&P. today, I nearly fell over when I saw two B5 Space Station models in large boxes for around $17 each.

This is the only B5 merchandise I've seen in a long time.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A&P ? Stands for Atlantic & Pacific, B5 in a grocery store???

There used to be one of those near my grandmother's house. Now it's a seminary.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).

Yeah, A&P is a grocery store! They have a section with cards, magazines, some toys etc. It's a new, large store so I was surprised that they had these 'old' models. It just seemed strange.

------------------

Yeah, A&P is a grocery store! They have a section with cards, magazines, some toys etc. It's a new, large store so I was surprised that they had these 'old' models. It just seemed strange.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where is it located? I haven't seen one since ~1969.
shocked.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

I have the standard starfury sitting on my shelf. I've been looking at the war gaming models at www.agentsofgaming.com

------------------
Lyta had a little Vorlon
Her skin was pale as snow
And everywhere that Lyta went
Her Vorlon was sure to go.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I haven't seen one since ~1969.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, there is a rumor that A & P merged with Stop & Shop.
The New company is named Stop & P.

See, we need a smiley for (Grin, Duck & Run).

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
Well, there is a rumor that A & P merged with Stop & Shop.
The New company is named Stop & P.

See, we need a smiley for (Grin, Duck & Run).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

twak.gif

biglaugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US). http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited December 23, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited December 28, 2001).]

I visited my brother in North Jersey, ewwwww Jersey, for Loot Day and there was an A&P not five minutes from his apartment.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

I apologize in advance for getting away from the wildly entertainng discussion of late neighborhood grocery store chains, but I've discovered an answer to one of my own questions and I thought I'd share it with the group for the benefit of the other modellers out there.

I was recently in touch with Mr. Nigel Dean of Comet Miniatures, and he revealed that the first wave of EAS Agamemnon kits would be arriving at his shop in late January, and would retail for 79.50 pounds sterling. That comes out to about $115.00, plus shipping.

I do intend to purchase one of these models, and eventually the White Star and Shadow ship (all of which are not liscenced, unfortunately. .. so they do not use B5 trademark names [on that note, I've written Revell-Monogram a snail mail letter about reviving the Babylon 5 line of models. So far I've heard nothing back and it's been a month or so.])

When I get them I'll post a review of the kits.

Anyone else out there dying for a good to scale line of ships, either in resin or ingected plastic?

If so, what ships do you think would be the best draws for sales?

Radar

------------------

[This message has been edited by Radar (edited January 04, 2002).]

I saw a pewter "Black Omega" Starfurry on ebay that was going for just under $200 at the time...don't know what it finished at. I bought the Revell models off ebay. I got the space station for like $15, and both starfurry kits for $15 each. On another note, i bought "To Dream in the city of Sorrows" at my local hastings about 4 months ago, and that's been out of print for AWHILE. I'm still looking to get the rest of that set off ebay and get the "In Valens Name" comics at some point (i keep getting outbid on both of em
frown.gif
mad.gif
)

Later
Jerome

------------------
I am a Ranger. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no one may pass. We live for the One. We die for the one.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Radar:
Anyone else out there dying for a good to scale line of ships, either in resin or ingected plastic?

If so, what ships do you think would be the best draws for sales?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The best draw, for me? Easy, all the Vorlon and Shadow ships. Trouble is, the last kit I built was a 1975 Firebird Formula 400, *in* 1975. Before that, I used to build airplane kits (WWII fighters; fighters and bombers from the 1950's, e.g. the B-58 Hustler). I'd want the models to look a lot better than anything I could build/detail/paint, though. With the Vorlon and Shadow skin details, it'd be impossible to paint it myself, without it looking really hokey. The surface colors would *have* to be molded in.

I'd LOVE to have a ~10-12" long, Kosh Naranek Vorlon Transport model with movable petals.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US). http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited January 07, 2002).]

KoshN,

The only kit I've seen for the Vorlons was a fighter, and I think that was on the Federation Models website. For drool material check out the scratchbuilt models on starshipmodeler.com. They have some vorlon and shadow ships. . . very impressive, but one of a kind models.

If you are serious about wanting the models, then mail Revell-Monogram. I did, and according to folks who send off a lot of letters, the big companies look at letters as a 20:1 ratio. For every letter they recieve they assume there are 20 people who feel the same way. I'll be sending more letters soon, in a Shawshank Redemption effort to get them to see things my way.

Here's the address, it's snail mail because they weigh those more heavily than e-mails.

Revell-Monogram, Inc.
Attn: New Product Development Committee
8601 Waukegan Road
Morton Grove, Il. 60053

Please write. . . everyone!!!

Radar

------------------

Thanks for the info.
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

I also have the Whitestar in pewter however the model you should all be looking for is the....

whitestar! it kicks ass.

I saw a really nicely painted one sell on ebay last year for 180 smackers.

Phil

------------------
"And that, Mollari, is why it will not be your people, or mine, or the Gaim, or the Drazi or the Vorlons or the Shadows who in the end will stand astride the galaxy like giants. It will be the humans."
"I think you are the one who is mad, G'kar," Londo said. "I can choose just as well as the humans. I can choose to stay in this cell, with you, or I can choose to leave."
"Yes, but can you choose for there not to be a cell at all?"
"I don't understand," Londo said.
"Exactly," G'kar said. "Exactly."

Back