• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The DAY has arrived - how are you preparing???

StarStuff

Regular
Now that the DAY is here how are you preparing? Will you watch it alone - with others - phone off hook - snacks - drinks - VCR recording????

------------------
God be between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

Fasting & meditation so my body and mind are pure.

I'm going to pick up high quality tapes before the snow comes.

I'll watch it with Kiwi, the household parrotlet. Hopefully, I can convince my wife to join us, but there aren't any vampires (that I know of) in LotR. If it had vampires, she'd be there.

Alas.

Maybe when it goes to series.

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

[This message has been edited by taichidave (edited January 19, 2002).]

Painting the living room and cursing the fact that it's not being shown in Canada.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Also thinking of other ways of acquiring said movie.

Admiral Dave

------------------

Ah, so many months of waiting. And now, today is the day.

Long live RANGERS!

------------------
"Get out of my way, or by God I'll shove you out the airlock!"

Getting the VCR ready, buying Popcorn and Soda (with a little whiskey for later celebrations). Also having 3 friends over, 1 has never watch B5. It will be interesting to see how he likes it without B5 in his past. Best of luck to the CAST and think you all for posting in these forum. The day is finally upon us.

GO OUT AND KICK SOME BUTT!!!!

Here’s is to 5 years of great adventure and television!!!!

Thanks again and best of luck.

Cerberus

------------------

Alls I can say is, thank God for Tivo. I'm at work, and will get home around 6. I'll watch the NFL game that will have begun at 4:30, so I should finish watching it by the time the evening game begins. While watching the second game, I'll be recording Rangers and MadTV. With the Pats game finishing at around 11:30, I'll then watch Rangers and MadTV.

Folks, I'm looking at 8 hours of television tonight. The ass groove on the couch will grow exponentially.

And then, I'll wake up tomorrow and watch two more football games!

You can bet your life there'll be some pizza and beer involved in the viewing activities.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Dammit!

I got shafted in that other thread. It was 1am on the 19th where I am when I posted that! Damn PST timezone
wink.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

You men might want to skip my post.

*** Warning, men, some "female talk" will follow: ******

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>

I had to use this weekend to start my period. I'm on medication to control how horrible it is, so I only have one every 3 or 4 months usually. I just got back from the grocery store and the cramps have set in.

So, my big day? To be in pain, nauseated, to do dishes and maybe laundry, and most importantly to play with my cat. If I'm awake by 10pm I'll watch "Rangers". IF not, I'll watch it Sunday morning.

Thank Goddess for the 3-day weekend. (It's Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. day here on Monday, so it's a 3-day weekend.) What I don't get done today, I can do Sunday or Monday.

</font></td></tr></table>

OK, the men can come back now!
wink.gif

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

[This message has been edited by hypatia (edited January 19, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by hypatia (edited January 19, 2002).]

I won't be able to see the Rangers movie until some time next week when my friend lends me his tape. You will all be in my thoughts tonight and I look forward eagerly to your posts.

There have been so many spoilers already in all the articles and reviews that I am not worried about a few more.
crazy.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Well, as it turns out I had to take today off because of problem with my wrist and hand (probably incipient carpal-tunnel.) The doctor (whom I saw yesterday) has me on an anti-inflamatory drug and told me to rest it for a couple of days. So I'm typing this very slowly and with only my right hand.
smile.gif
(Unlike some internet devotees, I'm not adept at one-handed typing.
laugh.gif
)

In the meantime I've been pulling weeds from the sadly-neglected shub-bed and trimming the branches on a tree in the backyard that has grown big enough to interfere with the satellite dish. (It was so small when the dish went in the neither I nor the guy who installed it ever gave that tree a second thought. It will probably have to come out at some point - though I suspect I'll have to clear that with my Neo-Fascist Homeowners Association.
smile.gif
) Oh, and checking and double checking that there is a tape in the VCR and that it is properly programmed.
laugh.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Go get 'em Joe! Sorry to hear about your hand. But anyone who does work to help his plants out when he's in pain is aces in my book!
laugh.gif

I just hope I can stay awake long enough today to see "Rangers" even without the tape in the vcr!

All I can say is: may the ratings be excellent.

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

Joe,
Ouch!!
frown.gif
I know how that feels. *nod nod* I have fractured my right wrist twice, so if I'm not too careful, massive pain will set in thanks to how I have agrivated it with the few years of typing on my computer (damn carpal-tunnel!!!) For many years now, when I type, I have been wearing braces and they do my hands wonders.
smile.gif
I hope your wrist feels better soon!
smile.gif

My plans...I'm not sure yet. My friend may or may not be coming over. *shrugs* He never called me last night. *grumbled* He was out with his gf or something until way late and didn't have the decency to call me once he got back, even though there was a note message left for him.
crazy.gif
So we shall see. If I don't watch it with him, I'll be watching it with my parents. I probably also will be spending the majority of my day online.
laugh.gif

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

I'm spending my time posting here when should be studying for my midterms...

And pacing back and forth...

------------------
Faith Manages

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Well, as it turns out I had to take today off because of problem with my wrist and hand (probably incipient carpal-tunnel.) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya know Joe, its damn lucky you dont go around saying stuff like that in the NC-17 forum. GKE and Sassy would have been all over that...

------------------

AS for how I am preparing:

3:30 - Bears game (let the beer drinking begin)
7:00 - Rangers Movie (Watching and Taping)
9:00 - Heading out for a night of drinking and watching bands at a cool bar in Lincoln Park.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Recoil:
AS for how I am preparing:

3:30 - Bears game (let the beer drinking begin)
7:00 - Rangers Movie (Watching and Taping)
9:00 - Heading out for a night of drinking and watching bands at a cool bar in Lincoln Park.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm assuming that you live in the Central Time Zone, based on your profile and the fact that the Bears game started at 3:30 in your time zone. But then wouldn't Rangers not start until 8pm for you (since it starts at 9pm Eastern)?

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back