• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Trailer for Rangers on Discovery Channel

I loved B5 from the beginning, but I must admit....Londo's hair almost ran me away. I don't even think about it now, but at the time I thought the hair and accent were "cheesy". I'm glad I stuck with it. I love the Londo character now. The show would not have been the same without him.

------------------
Long live www.issbabylon.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
Yes, you will. <eg><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I went to reply to this, I noted the "eg" inside the angle brackets. Which doesn't even show up in the text. The board probably thinks it's an HTML tag.

Heck, emotions expressed with angle brackets surrounding letters predate HTML. We used to be able to express anything we wanted with those things, simply by adding letters and letting people figure them out from the context! Uphill both ways!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>(You know, we need emoticons for evil and very evil grins. I'd suggest the ordinary smiley and supergrin, but in red instead of yellow and green.
laugh.gif
)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably. But are there any other people here who are truly evil enough to need them?
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>(which is when I initially dismissed it as a "poor man's Trek.) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry. We've forgiven you...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>(OK, Marty, sing it with me, "Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end...") <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, at least we haven't forgotten how to go totally off-topic...
smile.gif

------------------
-- Marty

[This message has been edited by MartinRoth (edited December 20, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>But are there any other people here who are truly evil enough to need them? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I just e-mailed Carolyn the url the other day, so maybe soon...

And G'Kar's Eye has potential.

smile.gif

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
Well, I just e-mailed Carolyn the url the other day, so maybe soon...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah. That'll help.
smile.gif

Though with all these aliased people in here, you'd figure that there's got to be another former CIS person hiding here besides you and me and Andrew Swallow. (Hi Andrew. Long time no see...)

Hm. Which could explain how they've all learned to completely ignore me so quickly. That should've taken them longer. Unless you told them...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>And G'Kar's Eye has potential. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hm. Yes.

Or perhaps we could get some of these people over there via NRF. For training.
laugh.gif

------------------
-- Marty

I was using CIS in the early nineties. At the time, I was in late junior high, and obsessed to death with TNG. CIS was responsible for the fact that I'm a writer, actually, but that's another story for another time.

I had no idea who JMS was at the time, let alone a show called "Babylon 5" or even you folks, though.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

[This message has been edited by channe (edited December 21, 2001).]

Hi Martin Roth. I do not go to CIS very oftern because I find CIS does not work very well from dial up AOL.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
I was using CIS in the early nineties. At the time, I was in late junior high, and obsessed to death with TNG. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow. Long time ago. Was that during the era of the DSPSG's?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>CIS was responsible for the fact that I'm a writer, actually, but that's another story for another time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK. I'll listen whenever you're ready to tell it...
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I had no idea who JMS was at the time, let alone a show called "Babylon 5" or even you folks, though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it was pretty obscure back then. For a long time, B5 didn't even have its own separate section...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by A_M_Swallow:
Hi Martin Roth. I do not go to CIS very oftern because I find CIS does not work very well from dial up AOL.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, of course not. They can't make it easy. They're only the same company and everything
smile.gif

------------------
-- Marty

DSPSG's? I'm not familiar with that. I remember using a local BBS constantly, and CIS - but the World Wide Web was still quite young and at school we were told to use Kermit, Archie, and Veronica through VAX/UNIX, had no pictorial interface, etc., etc. In HS I made my first websites (the horrible results are still visible - GAK - because I've lost the usernames and passwords to the systems I used way back when).

Anyway, on CIS I hung out in the Star Trek forum, where I met a dude as obsessed as I was. He was my age, and writing a Star Trek spec script. I gave him some pointers and ideas, he invited me to join in, and three years later in sophomore year of high school we submitted a spec script to Star Trek: Voyager (it used Kes and time travel). It wasn't too bad a script, comparatively, though it was rejected (duh, obviously). But it was too late. The damage had been done. What was previously a hobby had now become a full-fledged passion, and now I write for a living.

Now, if I could just get back to fiction. *grin*

You asked.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
DSPSG's? I'm not familiar with that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was a group of Compuserve ST people with a particular "interest" in common, which they managed to introduce into just about any ST-related discussion for a period of time. Stood for "Disgusting Slobbering Patrick Stewart Groupies". (And I can't believe I actually remember that. [shaking head]) It was an interesting group...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>But it was too late. The damage had been done. What was previously a hobby had now become a full-fledged passion, and now I write for a living.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds terrible.
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>You asked. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. And you didn't even make me regret it.
smile.gif

------------------
-- Marty

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
Do it in private and be sure to wash your hands afterwards.
tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oooh. Writing. The dirtiest occupation available.

------------------

Well, Channe, if you feel you have to write, just remember Robert Heinlein's advice:

Do it in private and be sure to wash your hands afterwards.
tongue.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back