• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Ranger Fans - some reasons to be happy!

StarStuff

Regular
Here are some quotes from various recent Ranger stories:

"Do you already have a new five year story arc?" Part I of JMS interview Revue Magazine
"There is alway a multi-year story arc involved." JMS

The buzz about "The Rangers" new show gets a 9 out of 10 by Cinescape.

"We want to invite the younger generation into our family," Bonnie Hammer President of Sci Fi Channel. The Rangers cast is younger!

Bonnie Hammer also states the (Sci Fi Channel) is the place for real science fiction fare that grows out of literature, and good writing. (Hey, with JMS we're home free!)

"Visual effects . . . are going amazingly well," Mark Saveli, Visual Effects Supervisor for B5LR.

"Final results are pretty damn spectacular," JMS

"I think it's a really kickass movie," JMS

After viewing a private screening of the complete and final cut of the Ranger movie Warren T Takeuchi, 'Kitaro Sasaki' says: "Awesome . . . fantastic . . . delivers action/adventure/drama . . . you people have no idea what kind of ride you are about to jump on come January! JMS delivers the goods."

------------------
God be between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

[This message has been edited by StarStuff (edited September 05, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by StarStuff (edited September 05, 2001).]

I have to stop coming here. You guys are sheer torture. Absolute, complete torture. This is getting bad. I think I'm afflicted with the B5LR WAIT-OBSESSIVE SYNDROME or something... I have all the symptoms...

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire and The Next JMS
--
B5 Synchroninity of the Day: I just found out that the new dorm I'm living in next year has been named Breen Hall.

That's it! We should all join Wait Watchers...

------------------
--
B5 Synchroninity of the Day: I just found out that the new dorm I'm living in next year has been named Breen Hall.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
That's it! We should all join Wait Watchers...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my, that was awful...
laugh.gif

------------------
"We are all Kosh."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by taichidave:
Oh my, that was awful...
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't knock it, that's the best suggestion I've heard all day.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------

I only started this thread because some people were getting depressingly negative.

But I love Channe's idea of forming a "Wait Wathcers" group. Do we have to weigh in once a week? Do we get recipes?

------------------
God be between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

It's simple. Just write down the amount of times you think about Rangers a day, and come to meetings on the B5LR Meeting Board, where you meet everyone else with the same problem. The less you think about Rangers, the better you'll feel! And it'll be January in no time!

And instead of recipes, those who join Wait Watchers will recieve little tidbits, e.g. about what the gunnery officer really does, etc.

------------------
--

Thanks for the reminder StarStuff. However, you are not making the wait any easier.

I was very pleased to learn that the show would have an arc. Babylon 5 has spoiled me. Furthermore, the fact that B5LR has been compared to "In the Beginning" has really increased my level of anticipation.

Frizzell

------------------
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him."
-Jonathan Swift

"Good in theory...
Lousy in practice...
It implies that I am expendable. I am many things. I am bright, personable, charismatic and not a bad dancer but expendable? No."

[This message has been edited by Frizzell (edited September 05, 2001).]

Here's jms previeous comment about an arc: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>>Will the new Rangers project have an arc?

I dunno...I'm thinking...maybe a nice trellis....

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
(all message content (c) 2001 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
and don't send me story ideas)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Which he followed up with: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>><<>Will the new Rangers project have an arc?
>
>I dunno...I'm thinking...maybe a nice trellis....>>
>
>Are you thinking....pastels or primary colors?

All black.

To match my aura.

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
(all message content (c) 2001 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
and don't send me story ideas)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison qouting Gustave Flaubert

Wait Watchers....Pretty funny channe!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I would have to say that all of the comments such as these posted in this thread seem to indicate a strong possibility that Rangers will become a series. If these indicators are correct in predicting one, that would be awesome. It seems as if there is so much positive news out there, so that is a good sign. I hope those things do lead to a series. I would be a happy man if they do.
cool.gif

------------------
Long live the Salad Rangers! We live for the Salad Bar, we die for the Salad Bar. RW, Anla'Salad'Shok'Na of the Salad Rangers

LOL!

I think I'll sign up!

------------------
"Thin air? Why is it always thin air? Never fat air, chubby air, mostly-fit-could-stand-lose-a-few-pounds air?"

Back