• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Air date for Rangers

StarStuff

Regular
Yesterday I read (on another board) that the Ranger movie will be shown on January 2 not January 1.

I know there was concern because of all the football games on January 1.

Sorry - I wasn't able to find it quickly this morning and am just getting ready to leave. I think it was on ISN or Gateway - not sure.

------------------
God be between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

Both dates have been reported (January 2nd in news stories about Sci-Fi's presentation to the TV critics association meeting in July, January 1st in TV Guide.) Neither has been officially confirmed. The TV Guide date could simply be a typo.

Apart from what they told the TV critics, Sci-Fi has not said an official word about the air date for the TV movie. So I think all of this concern is a bit premature. Let's see what date is given when they start actively promoting the movie, which probably won't be until November or December.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

the Sci-fi channel hasn't hasn't released the info on the official date for the premiere so it's all just a bunch of rumours until that happens.

------------------
No one here is exactly what he appears.
Babylon 5
G'Kar - Andreas Katsulas

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>so it's all just a bunch of rumours until that happens.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sci-Fi Channel President Bonnie Hammer gave the January 2nd date to a meeting of the TV Critics association in Los Angeles in a crowded auditorium during the Sci-Fi 2001/2002 series panel - of which J. Michael Straczynski was a member. News stories in Variety and The Hollywood Reporter both mentioned it. A public statement by the President of a network, made in front of the press, is not a rumor.

It is true that the date may change and no press release has gone out, so we don't know for sure that they'll stick with this date. But it was definitely the date set by Sci-Fi as of July, and no one from Sci-Fi has said that it has changed, so for now it is the date to go with.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Back