• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Are Sci Fi fans different than other people?

I have been a Sci-Fi fan all my life, but if you see me in the real world, you'd think ... accountant.
smile.gif
However, I also include the epic Dune and Lord of the Rings in that category and that does broaden the horizon quite a bit. I also grew up in Korea where anime is the dominant form of entertainment for children, so Sci-Fi in all its forms seem more natural than shall we say placing a bunch of idiots on an island and proceed to watch them backstab each other?

Sorry, I really am sick of these so-called reality shows.

Gonna get coffee and simmer down ...

And a favor - 'Canned Flarn is Sacrilege' - which ep is that from? I can't for the life of me remember!

------------------
"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end? It comes from within."

I beleive it's from the same one my quote came from
laugh.gif

Sci-Fi fans are as normal as anyone else, but face it, there is no one normal on this planet, so we're not normal either. There are the few idiots that give everyone a bad rep, but there are idiots in any group of people and I see no solution to get rid of them, so we have to live with it.

------------------
If you go to New Jersey, you will die!

I've always been criticised for being a sci-fi fan. Ironically, the people who criticise the most are people who have never even watched any of the shows they ridcule. I think they just automatically nay-say because, like so many, they are interested in only what is main stream and anything else comes with a stigman. (If you like computers, you're a 'Geek', if you like nature, you're a 'Tree-hugger', if you like poetry and art, you're a 'Fag', if you like religion, you're a 'bible-thumper, etc., etc.)

They only have that image of the 'sci-fi trekkie/nerd' and can't imagine a "cool" person liking sci-fi. Even though it's a fact that Eddie Murphy and Whoopie Goldberg are Trekkies; Samuel Jackson loved 'Star Wars'; Jerry Seinfeld and Howard Stern like Superman comics; and Steven Spielberg loved 'Dr. Who'.

I think that we sci-fi fans have a strong sense of identity and don't allow ourselves to be forced to like ONLY the trendy.

------------------
"We live for the One. We die for the One!"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>And a favor - 'Canned Flarn is Sacrilege' - which ep is that from? I can't for the life of me remember!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

None in particular.
wink.gif
But I imagine it's quite a common saying on Minbar. You might also think of it as a continuation of the "woo-hoo?" conversation... after Sheridan finally tells Lennier to can it.

------------------
Canned flarn is a sacrilege.

Back