B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Classic: Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Favorite recurring character: Season 2
A -- Excellent 33 76.74%
B -- Good 10 23.26%
C -- Average 0 0%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 2nd 21, 12:50   #61
Looney
Telepath

Re: EpDis: Signs And Portents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
Well, my first post was a mathematical analysis of special die, that act kind of like Rock paper scissors to proof NorrinRadd wrong, and "broke Looney's brain" along the way, so I've been the assassin of joy at least in some sense :P
In fairness breaking "Looney's brain" is not a tremendously difficult task and therefore does not rank as a high magnitude transgression. ..............
Old October 5th 21, 21:35   #62
Springer
Telepath

I watched JMS's sync-up commentary for Signs and Portents today, and he said that Lady Morella's "You must save the eye that does not see" was referring to the Centauri Eye in this episode. I'm puzzled now, because Lady Morella said Londo had already wasted two chances and had three left, the first of which was "save the eye that does not see". How can that be the Centauri Eye when that was in the past by that stage – wouldn't Lady Morella's prophecy pertain instead to some event that takes place after Point of No Return?

I'm not sure what Londo did wrong in his handling of the Eye. The Centauri government had arranged for Lord Kiro to come and collect it, and that's what happened. It was Kiro who was at fault. Sinclair does point out that Londo should have mentioned the Eye on the ship's manifest, but would a piece of paperwork really be one of the main drivers of Londo's downfall?

I'd have thought that his two chances that he'd already wasted by the time of Point of No Return were the attacks he arranged in Quadrant 37 and Quadrant 14.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th 21, 00:20   #63
Jan
Psi Cop

I'm pretty sure that he was misremembering since the Centauri Eye was *before* lady Morella's visit, wasn't it?. He's said before that it was G'Kar's eye and even eye/I, meaning Mollari
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th 21, 16:47   #64
Recoil
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
I'm pretty sure that he was misremembering since the Centauri Eye was *before* lady Morella's visit, wasn't it?. He's said before that it was G'Kar's eye and even eye/I, meaning Mollari

I do believe there's a JMS quote out there from Usenet in the Lurkers Guide stating that the "Eye that does not see" was GKar's Eye. The "Eye that does not see Cartagia's greatness".
Old October 11th 21, 18:09   #65
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post

I do believe there's a JMS quote out there from Usenet in the Lurkers Guide stating that the "Eye that does not see" was GKar's Eye. The "Eye that does not see Cartagia's greatness".
There was. But then he said it was the Centauri Eye in a recent commentary. Ah, well...
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th 21, 18:26   #66
Springer
Telepath

Yes, G'Kars eye sounds more likely, though even then it's hard to square the prophecy with what happened. How would saving G'Kar's eye spare Londo his fate? Maybe it means saving G'Kar, not just his eye. But G'Kar himself said he was in the right place for his people, and he survived all of what happened to him with Cartagia, technically Londo did save him, so I dunno...

I think I agree with Sheridan's stance on prophecy - next we'll be reading chicken entrails and tea leaves!
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th 21, 19:06   #67
Recoil
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
Yes, G'Kars eye sounds more likely, though even then it's hard to square the prophecy with what happened. How would saving G'Kar's eye spare Londo his fate? Maybe it means saving G'Kar, not just his eye. But G'Kar himself said he was in the right place for his people, and he survived all of what happened to him with Cartagia, technically Londo did save him, so I dunno...

I think I agree with Sheridan's stance on prophecy - next we'll be reading chicken entrails and tea leaves!

If you remember the words of the prophecy, I think it's more metaphorical. Not literally saving Londo's life, but saving him from "The Fire that awaits him at the end of his journey"...so Hell. It's about his soul, IMO.

Standing up to Cartagia and protecting GKar may have help put him on the path towards salvation. He didn't, and his path remained unchanged until many years later.