• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The B5 store

hypatia

Regular
I was just thinking about what winter clothes I need to buy for myself this year, when I suddenly remembered that I had been hoping to buy a sweatshirt or something from the B5 store Antony had awhile back.

Any word on if that store will be back or which B5 quote might make its way onto the shirts and mugs and such next?

Well... yes, there are plans to do more. I've just had a few indecisions when it comes to branding... and that affects the clothes. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif It was going to be part of a broader scheme, but the design of the site has gone a way that negates that. So I need to fiddle some more. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

O.K. Thanks Antony! I wondered if it had anything to do with your struggles with this website.

I don't know what "branding" means. Is that like "brand name"?

Ahh. Don't start me on that topic, I'll bore you. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I've worked in corporate identity you see.

But branding is bascially everything you see when you visit www.b5tv.com, and in some ways (like banners, t-shirts etc.) even when you're not at B5TV.COM.

It covers many things. The color schemes, the layouts, the front face. But also just a style, a vibe. A consistency across all-things B5TV.COM. So when you see even a bit of what we are, you recognize us. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So it's basically about image. But it is also conveyed in what we cover, how we present ourselves, how we write things etc.

The quotes on the t-shirts were a part of something bigger. In theory. However, the site design never really allowed me to achieve what I wanted to do. So I may have to alter it... a bit.

So you're telling us we need to be patient? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BTW, whatever you decide about the quotes etc... any chance of having one line just with the B5TV.COM logo, nothing else?

The main reason I posted this thread was to see if you had just given up on the shop idea. I like the idea of having some sweatshirts with your logo on it and maybe a nice quote. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But these things take time. How do you like your Salad Bar shirt, Kribu? You got one, didn't you?

Yeah, I did, and like it very much. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Got to wear it a few times in the summer... would have worn it more if the weather hadn't got so cold all of a sudden! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I see Kribu's new avatar is up. Did you get it from your new Keith collection that recently came in the mail?

RW, I forgot they did mousepads too. So now you have all sorts of salad bar memorabilia, eh? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Nope, that's a brand new pic, from a Stones show a few weeks ago. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

As for the store... it's a real pity they don't have mousepads with wrist support. Otherwise I'd be tempted to get one of those, too. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Peeshyaa. Why do you need wrist support mouse pads when they offer thongs now? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Nope, certainly not given up Hyp. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif ALthough it has been quiet. The response was quite nice from the first one. And that was very niche even.

Hahaha, wrist support thongs. Now there's an interesting image. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Well, it is true that they have added THONGS as one of their latest product offerings! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I mean, there is only one place to put your logo and do you -really- want it there? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

It would be hilarious if Ant did a "Down Below" quote or something on it for the NC-17 crowd. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I would rather have nicer mouse pads but they are already expensive enough as it is. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yeah, the mouse pads were quite pricy for such simple ones. The mugs and clothes were compararatively better priced though - and I still want a mug, too! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

No wrist support thongs though. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hypatia, I only have a salad bar T-shirt and a mousepad.

And if I got a thong, I certainly wouldn't want B5TV plastered across my manhood. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back