• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Dr. Who, Season 2 coming to the Sci-Fi channel

hypatia

Regular
A LOT sooner than I had dared hoped we'd get it, too. :D

Dr. Who season 2 comes to the USA

SCI FI Channel and BBC Worldwide Americas announced a major licensing agreement for SCI FI to air the second season of the hit British SF series Doctor Who in the United States. The series will return to SCI FI on Sept. 29, kicking off with a two-hour premiere that will include the "Christmas Invasion" special in which David Tennant is introduced as the 10th Time Lord.

Billie Piper returns as the Doctor's feisty young companion, Rose Tyler, and together they will travel through time and space battling new and returning aliens and monsters.

Chris Regina, vice president of programming, SCI FI Channel, said in a statement: "Our audience has clearly embraced Doctor Who, and it has delivered a significant increase in viewers in the time period. We are looking forward to keeping the momentum going with David Tennant as the new Doctor."

Executive producer and lead writer Russell T Davies said in a separate statement: "We were delighted by the first season's success in the U.S. and can promise new thrills, new laughs, new heartbreak and some terrifying new aliens in season two."

:beer:

Yip, yip, yippee! I can stop wondering when it will come to Canadian TV! It will be in stereo! Thanks for posting that!

I was hoping we'd get some more Doctor Who, although I pretty much figured it'd probably be next summer. Heh, I'll gladly accept it at an earlier date.

I love the show, but I have to admit that I'm a little, tiny bit hesitant about a new doctor. I really liked Christopher Eccleston. I'm more than willing to give the new guy a chance, though.... :cool: he is kind of cute!

I didn't look at the spoilers, I think I want to be surprised....but it's sooo hard to wait I may have to follow that link before too long!! :(

I've gotten too many spoilers already. I know some of the "guests" who will be appearing.

I'm just so jazzed we get is as soon as Sept. 29. :D

:beer:

Well, it could have been next year. Maybe the Sci-Fi channel caught on that people in the USA can get the DVDs in Canada? :LOL:

Hey, what DVD region is Mexico in? Region 1?

Yea, that makes sense. Being another region, I mean. Since their official language is Spanish and ours is English.

Gosh, don't get me wrong... :D I'm jazzed, too! In fact, I think we're lucky to have the new Dr Who at all! :eek: :D I just get a little greedy when it comes to good scifi, I guess!

It seems that apparently the Sci Fi Channel has allocated a 90 minute time slot for The Christmas Invasion, so hopefully this means you'll see it unbutchered (well, apart from having to put up with ads, which for me always ruin the flow of any show anyway).

It seems Finnish TV will finally start showing series 1 in a few weeks. I might actually watch it - haven't seen the Eccleston series since the UK broadcast and, um, by somewhat less legal means. Two nice things about the Finnish TV - no dubbing and on the state channels, no ads either. :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back