• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

More B5 on the way?

but its a moot point. Its not going to happen. Bloody hell people trust JMS - it's his baby. Makes no wonder he's cheesed off at some bloke on Facebook for flaming him on this subject.

Just read a v interesting tweet from the Star Trek Conference in Vegas. Walter Koenig was saying that he had recently had dinner with JMS who had told him that he was trying to reacquire the rights to B5.

Here's the tweet

To my understanding, that means he's trying to buy series production rights back from Warners.... is this a correct interpretation?

Last edited:
Sounds like it could be. Keep in mind, though, that what JMS has said about his talks with WB is that they're informal at the moment and nothing might come of them for a year or so.

Can't say I don't think it'd be cool, though!

Jan

Seriously cool stuff. Creator own IP is a new thing in comics, I hope he gets it and does awesome things, It would be another TV first for B5 ...

Just read a v interesting tweet from the Star Trek Conference in Vegas. Walter Koenig was saying that he had recently had dinner with JMS who had told him that he was trying to reacquire the rights to B5.

Here's the tweet

To my understanding, that means he's trying to buy series production rights back from Warners.... is this a correct interpretation?

JMS has now posted via CBR and on Facebook that Walter Koenig mis-spoke and that there's no B5 under negotiation.

Jan

Well, much to my surprise I see one of the entertainment articles at msn.com and guess what the subject is?

Walter Koenig's comments at a "recent convention" about the possible return of B5 in some form:

Koenig

Maybe JMS is kinda fed up of letting us all down? Maybe he feels keeping his mouth shut is the best way? Maybe there really is nothing more?

Maybe JMS is kinda fed up of letting us all down? Maybe he feels keeping his mouth shut is the best way? Maybe there really is nothing more?

I don't understand. There was something slated for a new venue WB was trying to put together. It fell through, as JMS announced at Comic-Con. A few weeks later Walter said something at a different convention. JMS made statements that Walter misspoke and there was nothing new coming. (That's the short version. For the long version, read the whole thread.)

He's said he'll continue to let folks know when something is happening because that's part of the business and he's always tried to de-mystify the business so that people know what it's really like.

Jan

Hi there vorlonlovechild (the poster formerly known as Circular Reason)! Nice to see you again!

Jan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back