• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Steve Burg - Some early design work on Prometheus

Triple F

Regular
You know. I just realised that this kind of stuff actually qualifies for inclusion into this section. Weird .. . . It never occurred to me before. Anyway.

Steve Burg (who designed stuff like the main B5 alien races, the Kosh angel, Starfury, Thunderbolt, etc.) put up some of his early concept work for the new Ridley Scott movie – Prometheus – on his blog. Along with some behind the scene style notes in how it fitted into the process.

http://steveburg.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks for the blog information, Triple F.

Prometheus disappointed me. I think early drafts had some high science fiction like Babylon 5 in it. But too many writers reduced the movie to a focus-group tested standard horror movie.

It looked great, though.

Thanks for the blog information, Triple F.

Prometheus disappointed me. I think early drafts had some high science fiction like Babylon 5 in it. But too many writers reduced the movie to a focus-group tested standard horror movie.

It looked great, though.

Aliens is my favorite movie of all time and when I heard about Prometheus and the details that followed, I was hyped up for it.

I did like it and it opens some questions to be answered in the following movies but yeah it could have been done a bit better... I mean, 1st contact with "engineers" and what happens? It trys to kill the humans like some fiendish horror movie monster lol that was pretty dumb :evil:

That was the first movie I watched in 3D. It's awsome the first 20 minutes then it seems normal lol.

I like these concept art pics. I take it they settled for that big rock dome structure instead of this ship then?

I did like it and it opens some questions to be answered in the following movies but yeah it could have been done a bit better... I mean, 1st contact with "engineers" and what happens? It trys to kill the humans like some fiendish horror movie monster lol that was pretty dumb :evil:

I've read some pretty intense theorising about the film. Most seem to agree that the central premise of the film is the statement "A king has his reign and dies."

The engineer woke up in a disorientated fashion. He was already being sent on a mission to drop those weapons on Earth 2,000 years ago (a producer has said that time stamp is relevant and may be explored in the sequel). His culture appears to be one of sacrifice. One of his species willingly ingested the liquid that breaks down his DNA and recombines it forming life on Earth. He wakes up and silently regards the visitors... he then sees a man who is resisting the natural order of life and death who is seeking immortality, a robot that looks like a human but that is immortal (barring injury), and an act of violence being acted out between two other humans. In some ways it is not surprising he kicked off like he did.

I've read some pretty intense theorising about the film. Most seem to agree that the central premise of the film is the statement "A king has his reign and dies."

The engineer woke up in a disorientated fashion. He was already being sent on a mission to drop those weapons on Earth 2,000 years ago (a producer has said that time stamp is relevant and may be explored in the sequel). His culture appears to be one of sacrifice. One of his species willingly ingested the liquid that breaks down his DNA and recombines it forming life on Earth. He wakes up and silently regards the visitors... he then sees a man who is resisting the natural order of life and death who is seeking immortality, a robot that looks like a human but that is immortal (barring injury), and an act of violence being acted out between two other humans. In some ways it is not surprising he kicked off like he did.

Hmm yeah well when you put it like that you have a good point.

I thought the design of the engineers was stunning. I've not read into theories much but have discussed it with people, I hear rumour of another race in war with the engineers. My friends didn't like the sound of this, I do though.

The baby Xenomorph at the end didn't look very good...

I'd be happy with another bug hunt movie like Aliens but that film would never be bettered imo. I do also like questions being answered but now we have to wait a couple of years for a Prometheus sequel, and again a couple of years after that for a 3rd movie and then guess what, I bet there will still be questions unanswered! :evil:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back