• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Star Trek XI .. after all?

This thread is making my brain construct a fanfic in which Captain Kirk travels to a planet of landed gentry and bangs a green chick called Elizabeth Bennett after cutting through her rapier wit.

Errm, a load of boring people pontifcating and sitting around not doing much, never truly expressing their emotions? Sounds like TNG to me... :D

You did NOT just compare the Star Trek franchise to the collected writings of Jane Austin... :eek:

If I noted that Albert Einstein and Adolf Hitler are both dead, would I be comparing Einstein to Hitler? :p

Though GKE's crossover might have ... potential :eek:

And NO, I'm NOT comparing Jane Austen to Adolf Hitler now :p .. I actually quite enjoy Austen's book - there goes my last spark of masculinity :p - for many of the reasons Joe mentioned. Rationally, I would have thought I'd have to hate them. The plots are simple and predictable, people's aims in life are old-fashioned beyond comprehension .. but her skill at characterisation and her wit make them quite enjoyable.

Though it might help there that I never *had* to read any of her books. :p

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back