B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old August 31st 07, 06:39   #1
Lousy_Dodgers
Commander

Single Discs?

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any sites that sold single/replacement DVDs. One of my season 3 discs has been developing some problems when I play it. I have had the collection for over a year so I can hardly return it to the seller and the other discs are fine so I do not want to replace the entire thing. Does anyone have any ideas? I already tried one of those DVD resurfacer things and it did not solve the problem.
Lousy_Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st 07, 13:00   #2
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

Re: Single Discs?

Return the single disk to Warners and say it was knackered from the start. They will send you a replacement.

Or you could use a banana..

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2007/08/...hed-cd-or-dvd/

"There's no point debating anything online. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."
- Charlie Brooker
darth_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st 07, 14:04   #3
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Re: Single Discs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousy_Dodgers View Post
I was just wondering if anyone knew of any sites that sold single/replacement DVDs. One of my season 3 discs has been developing some problems when I play it. I have had the collection for over a year so I can hardly return it to the seller and the other discs are fine so I do not want to replace the entire thing. Does anyone have any ideas? I already tried one of those DVD resurfacer things and it did not solve the problem.
I've got the same problem with the ST: DS9 disk with the first Mirror Universe episode, I foolishly put the disk in on top of another one, and scratched it, so the first 8 minutes of the episode are hosed. I too tried a repair kit to no avail.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote