• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Runner-up for G'Kar role?

Sinclair

I was on Wikipedia reading about something and one click led to another and another. Needless to say I started reading about W. Morgan Sheppard. I knew who he was due to his role on B5, Gettysburg and various Star Trek roles, but I had no idea that he was the runner-up for the role of G'Kar (or if I had I've simply forgotten it over the years). I can't imagine anyone else other than Andreas Katsulas performing the part so brilliantly, but can anyone else imagine Sheppard in the role? I just wonder how much different the writing for the character would have gone because of the different acting styles of the two actors.

Last edited:
I was on Wikipedia reading about something and one click led to another and another. Needless to say I started reading about W. Morgan Sheppard. I knew who he was due to his role on B5, Gettysburg and various Star Trek roles, but I had no idea that he was the runner-up for the role of G'Kar (or if I had I've simply forgotten it over the years). I can't imagine anyone else other than Andreas Katsulas performing the part so brilliantly, but can anyone else imagine Sheppard in the role? I just wonder how much different the writing for the character would have gone because of the different acting styles of the two actors.

I didn't know that either, but it certainly explains W.M.S. showing up as a Narn on the show.

I think they made the wise choice. Katsulas is simply a better actor. He's got better comic timing, too. I think Sheppard could do the imposing part (Such as he did on Mad Men at vastly greater age), but I haven't seen a lot of range in him.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back