B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.related

Old May 30th 19, 21:41   #11
Springer
Ambassador

Re: The Babylon 5 Preservation Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoKuutio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
All I can say is read here . . . . . Babylon 5 Preservation Project . . . . . and decide for yourself. There is a comments section so you should be able to ask Jason directly.
Perhaps I really should. This is one of the few B5 related projects that just doesn't feel... right.
I see it as a 'Making of...' book, which would be very different to the script books or the encyclopaedia. I think Jason Davis actually alludes to the previous David Bassom 'Creating Babylon 5' book, which only went up to the end of season 2, and also Jane Killick's books, but Davis' book is being done with a) the benefit of 20-25 years hindsight and b) no restrictions on what he can include in it, unlike the official books. I don't think we actually have a book like that yet, and while some of that info is already out there to an extent in various magazine articles and the B5scrolls website, nobody has ever collected it all together, plus it sounds like Davis has access to unreleased info too.

If anything, I think it's important to document a lot of the behind-the-scenes information in print, if only for posterity. Now if only it could be illustrated with concept sketches etc etc.

I was iffy over the encyclopaedia and ended up not buying it, but I'm very much in support of this book. Of course, YMMV.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd 19, 16:00   #12
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Perhaps I really should. This is one of the few B5 related projects that just doesn't feel... right.
Well if you aren't interested you don't have to become a part of it. I mean it is just a book. There are plenty of other books.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th 19, 17:46   #13
GeoKuutio
First One

Inesval did it for me. Pledged the fifty bucks plus the shipping to the cold north. For real though, I reread the To Dream in the City of Sorrows about a year ago and the whole "welded the bed" thing just caught my attention. And now the B5books email with Inesval. God damnit Jason!
Old June 9th 19, 15:21   #14
Looney
Telepath

Just three hours to go if you want to be a part of this project.
Old June 10th 19, 07:41   #15
GeoKuutio
First One

There you have it, with over 82000 dollars, this will be reality. It really managed to get a nice boost during the last couple of days. Now the waiting begins and if we're lucky, it'll be out next year. The best thing about this project is, that it's not going to be rushed. Gotta admire that nowadays.
Old June 10th 19, 15:19   #16
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
. The best thing about this project is, that it's not going to be rushed. Gotta admire that nowadays.
Very true.