B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

Old November 3rd 19, 16:05   #31
Looney
Telepath

Re: It Was the Dawn of the Third Age of B5-Watching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post

That's kind of cool. I don't want to tell you how long it took me to understand what you meant by keeping the DVDs in your Netflix queue, though.
Very understandable if you are unfamiliar with how Netflix DVD works. My "Queue" has about 300 titles in it, including all the B5 discs. I will also start to see when their supply runs out. The Discs that finally give out or get broken in shipment will eventually start to switch to my "Unknown" queue. That is the list of titles for movies that haven't been released yet or titles they had discs for, but currently do not. I don't even know why it exists other than upcoming possible releases. I've never seen a disc disappear down to that list and then become available again. But I still check it to see when the B5 Discs get placed on that list, so I'll know when people can no longer see B5 through that source.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th 20, 21:57   #32
JoeD80
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
Right, now has this ever been cleared up? In Fall of Night and Walkabout, the Narn character Robin Sachs played was called Na'Kal, but in season 5 the character he plays is called Na'Tok (coincidentally, Na'Kal's ship was called the G'Tok). So, are they meant to be the same character and they goofed over the name? I guess JMS might not have known they'd be bringing Robin Sachs in to play the season 5 character, but on the other hand Na'Kal was prominent enough to be brought back in season 3, so presumably JMS hadn't forgotten about the character and it would make sense to use him here.
There's no indication in the script that Na'Kal was supposed to be the same character as Na'Tok. Na'Kal's title was Warleader and Na'Tok was a General if Narn rankings mean anything?
John Flinn said he was the same character in an interview; feels like he would have heard that from Joe?

Does it change the story one way or the other? I like thinking he was the same guy who looked for sanctuary from Babylon 5 to be the one who decides to go full assault on Centauri Prime.
JoeD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th 20, 16:03   #33
jumptheshark
Lurker

with the current lockdown, I am binge-watching the series again. It is just too bad JMS did not have the budget that Star Trek did--the writing is far better and I like the acting over all
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th 20, 16:08   #34
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
with the current lockdown, I am binge-watching the series again. It is just too bad JMS did not have the budget that Star Trek did--the writing is far better and I like the acting over all
How far have you made it?
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote