• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

LOST Casting Spoiler

I guess it's spelled "Juliet." I just looked up the actress. She's a mega-babe.

manip_(3).jpg

meh. ;)

Not too fond of Juliet in any way, but I'd much prefer having her around to falling back on the Sawyer-Kate-Jack love triangle .. which was just tedious.

She was working like crazy before ending up on LOST full time. She appeared on nearly every prime time drama from 1996 through 2004, including her recurring role as Kerry Weaver's gay lover in ER. She was good in Frequency; dark hair - you can barely tell it's her. And no arrogant smirk.

I am LOVING Sawyer's turn as leader. When he gave Jack a what-for about thinking and leadership, he was speaking for all of us who have found Jack to be insufferable at times.

Other great moments from last night's ep:
- Sun walloping Ben upside the head with an oar
- Juliette wanting to drop baby Ethan like a live grenade

I am LOVING Sawyer's turn as leader. When he gave Jack a what-for about thinking and leadership, he was speaking for all of us who have found Jack to be insufferable at times.

Other great moments from last night's ep:
- Sun walloping Ben upside the head with an oar
- Juliette wanting to drop baby Ethan like a live grenade

LOL

Yes, awesome moments. And I love Sawyer in the leader role. He seems to have actually done well. Although I think we all know that something will happen to frack this up (i.e. Juliet dying,) and he'll return to his old surly/no-leadin' self in no time.

The puppy dog eyes between him and Freckles is annoying. Let it go. Geesh. He and Juliet are far more interesting, imho.

And YES! I forgot she was in Gia with Angie there. Hot hot hot!

OK WTF people. Its Friday and seriously no one has posted about THAT ending to the episode from this week yet?

Damn!

(spoiler below)

Talk about a freakin paradox. Interesting to see where this goes.....

I just finished watching it! I forgot to set it to record, so I had to do it online.

Yeah, I see a WWE thing happening here.

Sayid shooting him is what turned Ben into mega-sociopath.

And probably why Ben has back problems and needed Jack to operate.

OK WTF people. Its Friday and seriously no one has posted about THAT ending to the episode from this week yet?

Damn!

(spoiler below)

Talk about a freakin paradox. Interesting to see where this goes.....

I just finished watching it! I forgot to set it to record, so I had to do it online.

Yeah, I see a WWE thing happening here.

Sayid shooting him is what turned Ben into mega-sociopath.

And probably why Ben has back problems and needed Jack to operate.

Agreed. I read someone on another board saying something along the lines of ..

... imagine you go back in time and try to kill Hitler. You fail. Not only do you fail, but your failure is what makes him become Hitler.

Of course, it does not explain why Ben hated the Dharma people as much as he did.

Goes back to one thing that annoys me most about TV and Movies in this situation. When someone shoots somebody....nobody checks a fucking pulse. Or puts an extra round in his head right between the eyes to make sure. No, instead they shoot once, assume death and run off all distraught only to pay the price later.

*sigh*

Well, he was a child. Not a big chance of him surviving.

Jin will probably wake up and find him and drive him back.

As for why he hates Dharma. Maybe he associates his father with Dharma and we saw what a winner pops was.

Of course, it does not explain why Ben hated the Dharma people as much as he did.

The only specific Dharma person he hated was his father. His mistreatment by his dad is what made him want to join the "hostiles," and they way to do that was to help them take over.

Alluveal, I'm reading your last two posts as contradictory. When you're talking about the shooting making him a sociopath and giving him back problems, it iimplies you assume he'll survice, thus keeping the basic history in tact. Then you point out that since he's a child (adolescent, actually- I'll explain this nitpick next) he probably wouldn't survice. Or are you guessing that's just why Sayid didn't check verify his death but that he'll survive anyway?

When Sayid said he understood his purpose for returning, my first thought was he intended to kill young Ben. Then I figured- are they really gonna set up that paradox? If not, I was thinking what if Sayid instead decided to prove to himself that he's not some cold-blooded killer and instead decided to mentor Ben in an effort to make him not evil. I'm glad they didn't do that, and now we know why I'm not a TV vwriter.

One minor thing I found amusing- come on Sayid, women that beautiful do not just hit on you out of the blue and jump in the sack with you. I mean lord knows I'm not one to judge harshly on a man thinking dick first but, yeesh.

Alluveal, I'm reading your last two posts as contradictory. When you're talking about the shooting making him a sociopath and giving him back problems, it iimplies you assume he'll survice, thus keeping the basic history in tact. Then you point out that since he's a child (adolescent, actually- I'll explain this nitpick next) he probably wouldn't survice. Or are you guessing that's just why Sayid didn't check verify his death but that he'll survive anyway?

In a sense, yes. But, Sayid could say he didn't check him because he was a kid and Sayid would know that someone of that age might have a lesser chance of surviving. Whether or not he does survive is yet to be seen.

In season 3, when Desmond is "remembering the future" and we get the whole story of him trying to save Charlie. When he's in the "past" he's with Penny. He goes to buy her a ring and the shopkeeper is Ms. Hawking. He's ready to buy the ring, but she tells him, "no, you don't buy this." They argue back and forth and she tells him about him going to the island and that this IS what he'll do. He will wuss out on asking Penny to marry him. They sit on a park bench and and she points out a guy with red shoes. Then that guy dies. Desmond asks her why he didn't try to save him and she said that he would have died anyway: either in the shower the next day or hit by a cary. "The universe has a way of Course Correction," she tells him.

This could mean that Ben survives. It's not difficult to believe. I mean, when John Locke told Ben that he was crippled before he came to the island and healed when he landed, this seems to have disturbed Ben. Perhaps the island "intervened" in such a way with Ben as a child. It may even have something to do with women being unable to bear children on the island in the future. I don't know.

Or, it could mean that Ben does die as a child and someone else steps up to take his place, propelling all the events into place that Ben would have otherwise propelled himself.

One minor thing I found amusing- come on Sayid, women that beautiful do not just hit on you out of the blue and jump in the sack with you. I mean lord knows I'm not one to judge harshly on a man thinking dick first but, yeesh.

Yeah, I was cringing at that scene. Haha. I was like, "dude, all the crap you've been through and you're going to fall for this? Really?"

One gold star to Alluveal. Ben did indeed survive. And now Rich Halpert is going to save him and destroy his "innocence." Eep.

Eventually, Jack is going to regret not saving the kid's life himself.

Loved Hurley and Miles having the same conversation every viewer was having while watching the show. Heck, I loved the whole episode.

Didn't quite get the very last cliff-hanger moment w/ Locke. Is that supposed to be a time frame we're already familiar w/, or is this a brand new piece of the puzzle?

One gold star to Alluveal. Ben did indeed survive. And now Rich Halpert is going to save him and destroy his "innocence." Eep.

Eventually, Jack is going to regret not saving the kid's life himself.

Loved Hurley and Miles having the same conversation every viewer was having while watching the show. Heck, I loved the whole episode.

Didn't quite get the very last cliff-hanger moment w/ Locke. Is that supposed to be a time frame we're already familiar w/, or is this a brand new piece of the puzzle?

That's present day 2007 (3 years after they left the island in 2004, Sun, Lapidus, Ben and Locke's body crashed in present day, while Kate, Jack, Hurley flashed back to 1977). Locke is an undead now like Christian and possibly Claire (Who may have blown up in Otherville thanks to Keemy)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back